Reviews for "Ultimate Chess"

0/10 and why.

okay. so i noticed some people are getting draws with peices still on the board? well thats due to peices being at an impass. the king is not in check. yet it can not move without putting itself 'into' check. thats usually the only way a draw can occour. that and having only two kings left.

Secondly. the animations were pretty dumb. no offence. but you pretty much made chess but made it somewhat flashy. microsoft already has stuff like that. and its very well made. your peices looked very similar as well. and there should be a toggle. so that once you see an animation once. it wont show up again, and can be seen in a sort of 'screen-shot theater' deal. or just remove them entirely with said toggle.

Next issue. I play chess very often, its a good means of relaxing. and I can tell your someone who just wanted to make "teh uber cool flash" you obviously dont know all the rules nor pieces. Pawn: two forward for first move. attack on diagonal plane forward can become any piece if reaches other side of board. further moves are one space forward. Bishop: can move in any diagonal direction, stopped by own pieces. Rook: can move in any vertical/horizontal direction, stopped by own pieces. Knight: can only move in an "L" shape (two forward one back. any direction but diagonal) and move over enemy pieces. Queen: move in any direction. stopped by own pieces. Can not move like a knight. King: one space any direction, Can not move into a location which an enemy piece can. Must move during check unless a allied piece can intercept target via destruction or self sacrifice.

there are how the pieces move and their names. yay.

Next, one move that is HIGHLY useful. Castling.

Castling is when a rook and the king. if neither has moved and they have a clear path to each other. The rook may move to the side of the king (not on the side opposite to which they are stationed) the king may then move to the 'other side' of the rook. thus moving two spots to the left or right, and placing a buffer between the previous area. Can NOT be used while in check, or if the move will put the king 'into' check.

Now onto a review. While yes I did beat the computer. that is because I know how to play the game very competently. I have been playing such for years. however. most people here have not. and your game forces them to play at a mastery level. there is no means for them to change the difficulty level, which is required in strategy games like this. The graphics were clean yes. but that's due to their poor workmanship. not to mention the music drones on and on with no change. no ability to use an alternate track. Nothing not even a toggle for music to play or not. forcing a player to lower their own volume lest they listen to their own music with this garbage in the background.

So I give this game a 0 out of 10. Why? very little thought was put into this so called 'ultimate' chess. it's been done before, and much better at that. Hell if you thought you came up with "oh pieces come to life and attack each other!" go read harry potter.

You even included a mini-game inside this. Which has nothing to do with the title! its as if you knew what you had was crap. so you tried to package it with something else to make it less crap! sorry to say. crap plus crap doesn't make better crap. just makes more of it.

Just... there are so many problems with this. just stop. remove it from newgrounds. something. just take it away.

Sound rip off

Game played typical of a chess game. Your "Funny" sounds are all directly ripped off of Warcraft II. The pawns have the peon/grunt sounds, queen uses Alleri (Alliance Ranger Hero), and the list goes on. You conveniently distorted them slightly, buuut because of that can't play it, makes the game a joke.