Reviews for "Clan Wars - Goblin Forest"

Not great

I liked the background, and the way the trees fade out. But the tower wasn't very pretty, which is a let down.

The customization of the fortress is limited, which again, is a huge let down. I understand I can't have a Black Deathskull buried into the side of a mountain with flame coming out of the eyes. But maybe let me stick another cannon or two on, or trenches in front to slow the enemy, or a moat, or a drawbridge, or even just let me change a flag. Something.

And, as previous mentioned by a few people, the balancing is hard. I see people have beaten it, but I don't know how. I have tried constant attack, and I run out of funds. I've tried defending, and occasional attack, and I eventually was overwhelmed. I even thought that if I didn't buy a single unit, then the enemy wouldn't advance beyond low troops. I stopped creating units (except the Boss) when they had soldiers (with the shields and broadsides). They killed my boss once, maybe twice. They STILL got the catapult before I did.

Just, no. It's too hard. It's a remake of Epic War, which isn't done quite as well as Epic War. The one innovation, and I liked it, was terrain - being on high ground gives an advantage, and so on.

Other than that, sorry to say, but it's just a bland copy.

You have real potential. Either redo this, balancing it and add a feature or two. Or work on something else, some crazy original idea, no matter how stupid. I'd look forward to that.

not too diffucult

I started out buying 5 goblin slaves and then upgrading their attack then my units beat the first wave of the enemies so I already had the advantage then I unlocked archers much earlier then they did. I bought about 5 archers and got to their stronghold. Then it was smooth sailing from there this game took about 22 minutes for me to beat my one complaint is that there is only one map I would prefer if you faced multiple tribes in different terrains

Wow.

Well I must say I loved this game, I don't understand why everybody is complaining about the difficultly since I beat it on hard in 20ish minutes according to the game. The best way to win, wait till you get archers then start to upgrade your ground units. It's quite simple

Keep up the good work!

Ps. Congrats on the front page

Great way to kill time.

I played this game on Normal, and WON in 22 minutes, so I think the game is sufficiently difficult.

I liked this game, but I seemed to have screen scrolling problems. I'm not sure if this is just my CPU acting up or a bug, but if it's the latter, then please fix.

Again, a good game.

Not front page worthy

I tried to like this game. I really did.

I started on normal - it was much too hard for normal. The computer had a significant advantage over me. I consider normal to be about even.

I started again on normal, using a different strategy. I was beaten even quicker.

I then played on easy. It started out alright, but fairly soon, it was obvious that the computer was able to gain resources MUCH faster than me. On easy.

I don't understand how you thought this game was at a good balance upon releasing it. Speaking of balance - what the hell is up with the fact that, after a HUGE wave of enemies, they get even stronger by being able to overlap making my primary and secondary going up against a primary and sometimes even FOUR others?!

I'm sorry to say, but I agree with n8iveidio14. You need to go back to the drawing board with this one. I like the idea, love the terrain, but the game runs ridiculously slow and needs to be completely reworked in the terms of balance.

I obviously didn't get there, but this seems like it would go on for a LONG time and become quite boring after a while. It's something to think about.