Reviews for "Onset and Reprecussion"

Awesome and epic song.
I just love how it pauses at 5:38.

Metallica1136 responds:

Thanks, man! I'm glad you like the pause, I intended for it to sound very well fitting.

2:09 - Epic.

Metallica1136 responds:

Why thanks! I definitely consider that one of my top solos. \m/

pretty sexy shit mang. really enjoyed that middle section as well. cool riffage all together, i liked the melodies. drums are a bit low, as pointed out, but not awkwardly low or anything. still sounds fine. otherwise, no complaints from me, kickass song.

Metallica1136 responds:

Hell yeah, glad you dig, man! I've written plenty of good riffs, but I think the riffage, and leads in this song are some of my best. Thanks, fucker! \m/

Fuck yeah man, this is awesome. Reminds me of old Metallica, and some other band I can't think of at the moment. I really liked that middle section, and how it went back into the intro melody. Excellent arrangement, those blast beats sounded nice too. The drums sounded good, but could have been brought up in the mix a little, the guitars kinda overpower the mix a little. Also, the guitars sound 'phased', like its not exactly double tracked, like I can hear a guitar in the middle and it muddies up the bass. :/ Other than that, the mix is pretty decent, I just like to hear a guitar on each side with just the bass in the middle. :D

Metallica1136 responds:

Awesome man! Yeah, there's a bit of 'Tallica influence in this, and I wonder if you're possibly thinking of Dismember? Dismember is one of those bands that inspired me to start using Db tuning more often. It's my second favorite tuning behind Eb. Glad you like the blast beats, I used to suck at making blast beats, now they sound pretty damn good. I think the drums are about right in volume, though yeah, they definitely could be a little louder, especially the cymbals. I love loud cymbals. Yeah, the guitars aren't double tracked, but lately, since I've been getting into double tracking my guitar, I've been thinking about taking this particular song, and panning the guitar to the left, then recording another track panned right, to give the rhythm a heavier sound. This is one of my best songs, I think it could be even better.

Thanks for your review, man! :D The bass is however in the middle though, but the preset I used might have had some kind of a stereo effect, haha.

You never stop impressing me Epic as usual. Keep up the great job \m/