Reviews for "Sellout - LordOfTheRings"

Hmmm...

You had the animation, and...that's about it, sorry. I just felt that there was no humor, and if there was, it was forced, and of course, I liked the Lord of The Rings, so I find this kind of aggressive to my current stand point. If you really wanted to touch on something, maybe you should have brought up the point that they could've just flown to Mount Doom on the Eagles, that way it would have been sort of a short funny, so you don't have to worry about doing too much.

I'm not sure

the hands artwork was really distracting because they always looked like they were gonna slap a ho. the comedy was decent though.

"Meh..."

Wasn't so good actually. It took too long to make your point in each scene, it wasn't that funny and all together boring to watch. Plus, sometimes the audio was too loud and other times it was too quiet.
I couldn't even make out some words, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention because it was so boring.

And I didn't even like the art style, it was messy, sketchy and the colours were weird. I just can't give this a higher score. Even Sauron looked ridiculous with his gray armor and red cape.

The only thing that made me choose this anyway was because of the subject. When someone is making a satire or a parody out of LOTR, I'll be there.

I don't like just plain trashing something, so let's try and think of something that was good too! "This is me, giving you the ring" Maybe a played out joke but pretty amusing all the same.

sirjeffofshort responds:

Cool man, I can totally respect your opinions and the points you made. Thanks for remaining (or at least ending on) a somewhat positive note. We definitely weren't trying to parody the movie so much as make a comedy about the producer characters themselves, although the title did bring in a lot of people who likely weren't expecting the style of humor we tend to produce.

For the series to survive we may have to change a few things here and there so your comments will be taken seriously as you were kind enough to form them into coherent thoughts haha. Thanks for the review, hopefully you will find something of ours more to your liking in the future.

ugh... so much horrible dialog

It didn't hit a funny bone, it didn't appeal visually, I just disliked it as a whole. The concept is funny, a horrible remake of LOTR, but everyone just bantered. And while the ideas were hilariously bad, they were presented dully and just came off as dumb. I've seen your animation style around the portal often and thought, "well It's better than nothing" but it's come to a point where I just think it's getting strait ugly. Everyone has shallow cheeks and looks anorexic, the hands are annoyingly bulbous, and I really just can't bare their faces anymore. The dialog sounds like a bad podcast you just decided to animate. As much as I try to see a silver lining, I can't find something I thought was too likable, maybe Sauron was drawn ok, but that doesn't make up for much.

sirjeffofshort responds:

No hard feelings man, our comedy isn't for everyone and my art definitely isn't. I do tend to take a lot of influence from the spanish style comic art of Humberto Ramos and the like (hence the facial structures and large hands and feet) and although it is a style I really like, and think lends itself well to animation, I don't expect everyone to agree.

Boring.

Jokes weren't that funny... Plus, the voices were really annoying.