Reviews for "AltSHIFT"

Not a big improvement over previous shift titles.

I, personally, liked the old shift games much better. The art was minimalistic which was quite excellent and the music and gameplay were great. I was really disappointed in this new game.

Graphics: Not an improvement. The character design in the original was a silhouette, but it was more detailed than this stick figure guy. Why you went from a detailed silhouette to a stick figure is completely beyond me. The filter effects that you applies to the terrain and the character would have been much better if they were nonexistent. They're just bad and take away from this game visually.

Gameplay: The levels were no harder than the levels in shift 2 or 3. The new game mechanics though were a nice touch. I liked the idea of the boxes, but the issue I had with them was control.

Control: I don't really like these controls. I prefer that up DOESNT let you jump. It's a bit annoying if it does. I REALLY don't like the fact that you have to push the opposite direction button to pull the box. That's just ridiculous.

Sound: It's okay.

Learning Curve: Waaaaaayyyy to slow.

Story: Stupid and unnecessary,

Overall: No improvement over the old games, in fact the older games were much better. If this game was graphically put into the style of the older games with the addition of the beloved TIMER and witty phrases on the wall that I have come to know and love, and with the reduction of the stupid mochi-coins bullshit, I would have seriously enjoyed this much more.

Good...

I don't know why the others say that they don't like it.I like it a lot

I want the old one back.

I really don't like this version of SHIFT. But before someone yells at me for being against change, let me explain my reasons:

1. The graphics aren't visually appealing. Not only do I not like them, but they cause my computer to lag. You should give us the option to go back to the old graphics.
2. You seem to have run out of ideas. None of your new puzzles were really that hard (at least, for the 3 chapters I played). Even the one you had the skip tutorial in wasn't that hard. Not even frustrating. Oh, and don't get me started on the "Rarrr!!!" level.
3. No timer. The timer has been a staple of the series since the original SHIFT. You can't just take it out.
4. Honestly, I liked the commentary in the old versions (the messages in the background). Their humor was one of the reasons that I played the entire series. Without it, I don't know if I should keep playing.
5. You forgot to mention that you could "invert" by pressing Shift. Oh, and why did you change the action's name from shift to invert? That was just dumb. Especially since the game's called SHIFT.
6. It's bugged. I beat the pipemaze minigame, but I didn't get the medal for it.
7. Pay for it? Really? Are you THAT broke? If you are, then find another source of income. According to your own comments, you knew that people on the Internet generally don't like to pay to play. You asked for it.

All in all, I just don't like it. Technically, you don't even deserve the score I'm giving you. If I took one point off for each of my problems, you would be getting a 3. But, since it's SHIFT (and hopefully so you'll read this), I'll give you a 6. If you have to make a new SHIFT game, put together a players pack from the SHIFT 4 editor. And no, that doesn't mean 6-7 levels. If you need an example, look at Crush The Castle Players Pack. Don't release another game like this one. You've been warned.

I liked it

A lot of people are bashing it for being different, but I like the new thing.

pretty nice

this was released on my birthday