Reviews for "Seeing Spots"

love the song makes meh happy! ^-^

Dylnmatrix responds:

Glad you like it :) Thanks for listening!

I really loved the filter sweeped electric piano that becomes pronounced at 0:50. As that progresses to the part with the saw you could try widening the stereo output, or even ping pong the two channels a little bit (not much tho, house and elctro house are still very mono EDM styles).

2:58 was an excellent hook into the rest of the song. I can tell that you really dig EDM music and want to learn more about production. I'm still the same way after producing for 7 years =P

In a nutshell, I really liked the track. It's hard to make happy, hopeful music. If you're ever down to collaborate I'd be stoked.

Dylnmatrix responds:

A review from a month ago...ouch. So sorry about the late reply.

Thanks wulf, I'm glad you liked it! I really appreciate the review and I appreciate the incite into stereo widening. I'll definitely take a look into it, and see if I have something to help me with that :) It was also nice to hear from you again, the advice you gave me about Zoltage was a huge help to my production skills.

And I'd love to do a collab with you sometime. I'll send you a PM next time I actually have time, as I might have some good ideas down that we could work with by then. Or feel free to send me a PM, if you have some ideas of your own.

Quite nice bro, only thing I could say is for a house track, the tempo maybe just a little slow, but the rest is great :)

Thanks :)

I like the melody at the beginning. This piece is nice and climactic. I like the beat and instruments, even though I think I recognize a couple from your other tracks. I wish it progressed a little faster in the beginning, and around 1:38 too, but once it hit 2:42, the blissful mood and engrossing melody took control! ^^ Excellent structure and really smooth transitions as usual! 3:57 was a cool breakdown, too. I like the ending a lot as well. Once again, a fabulous job, Matt! I can't wait for more! :D

Dylnmatrix responds:

Thanks man. I'm still learning how House music works, especially in the intros. Also, about the similar instruments, I felt like they fit the feel of what I wanted the most, but other than that, the other synths were hand made by me or altered by me for the song.

But thanks for the review, hopefully I'll be able to get another song done here soon!

Good. I like the synths you used and the fact that there was a certain degree of variability that is lacking in many house tracks. It didn't call my attention as something particularly unique and original, though, but I tend to be somewhat nitpicky about that.

Dylnmatrix responds:

Thanks for the review and my apologies for the late reply.

I'm glad you liked the track for the most part, but I am a bit confused on how it doesn't sound unique to me, because I don't know many artists that use my type of melody. Or was it that I used a similar progression of parts that most house tracks do? If that's so, then I'm not really surprised, as this was only an attempt at making house music and I really hadn't done it before. (Edit: Never mind, I figured out what you meant.)