Reviews for "WHOOKOS Beta: Epis 1"

Coulda Been A Lot Better

The animation is acceptable, yet the stroy has many flaws, this series could only appeal to dorky kid groups. Don't get me wrong, I have some nerdy friends that would absolutely love this, but as for most absent-minded teenagers, this video is a total borefest, all I saw was a total sausage fest group of middle schoolers that love to play a game called WHOOKOS that is never explained, and anything that was attempted to be funny was jokes about fan-based hobbys and homosexuals.

I really can't see this being a successful series, I suggest adding a female main character, and maybe less nerd talk... Baseing a series about a bully at school wouldn't be a good idea either...

Ruined potential.

Now don't get me wrong, your ANIMATION is spot on. It's well done and smooth, which is NOT something I see very often. However, the voice acting was... well honestly I really hated it. The humor was very childish, and it had some improper timing. There were some parts where I laughed; but they were few and far between.

here's a lot of potential in this series, but you need to spend more time on the script and the voice overs before you start animating.

Boring..from beginning till the end.

Sound/Voice - 3/10 -> different volumes; plain voices
Animation - 5/10 -> all chars look the same (except hair); could be more fluid; I've seen way better animations (doesn't mean yours is bad...just not good)
Story(/Jokes) - 4/10 -> It's a boring story with overused jokes...or I'm just too old for this oO

There are a lot awesome animations on Newgrounds and other sites. This is NOT one of 'em...well, maybe if you're drunk it is. Anyways, nice try. Maybe your next one will be better...till then: Good luck & have fun!

i don't like it that much.

i felt talked down to. it was too much like a funducational specail. there were some pretty class jokes, but the rest of it i didn't enjoy. the scripting seemed week, i dunno, i didn't enjoy at all.

Why was this front paged?

Tweeny animation is tweeny. I'm not saying I'm a better animator than you, so don't get me wrong, but you need more frame by frame. Plus, you made the guy grab his friend's balls?! What the hell? What kind of vibe is that supposed to give off? You could have left it at "I can't feel my balls," But no. Not you, being the comical genius you are. You had to make him reach down, and grab his friends balls.

Not only was the animation tweeny, but the voice acting was very... average. Not very good. At all. I would suggest finding new VA's. Not only that but the idea for the episode has been used so many times before. Guy pisses bully at school off and has to fight him, very original. The only difference is that anyone but you could pull the idea off.

The jokes were stale, to say the least. Stating the obvious constantly doesn't usually make for good humor and slapstick isn't funny if you can't pull it off. I'd consider having a co-writer or something that has funny material.

Don't pull the "OH, you're just mad because you can't get views" thing either. I don't expect views, I'm new to Newgrounds and only have one animation up.

Nice attempt, but overall, I just don't think it's worth the front page space.