Reviews for "Yoshi's Story"

Something about the music from Yoshi's Story always just made me so happy. I love how long and varied you made this loop. I'm not sure what else to say about this one. It's very well done, as I've come to expect from you, and it's a fun little loop I could listen to endlessly. It's been a while since I've been on, good to see I've got a couple new songs from you to enjoy. Keep putting out gold, Alisa.

VGSongbird responds:

I'll certainly try. One day I really hope to put something out that leaves you speechless ;)

Very good. happy and dreamy. five stars. it brings back so many memories. good job ellebirdy23

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^

WOO! Yoshi!

I have a bit of a soft spot for the little green guy. It's like the one piece of my childhood I refuse to let die. As childish and infantile the games seem to me as I get older, deep down I always have that spark of cheery whimsy that lets me see these games as the simple, happy fun they always were and always will be.

Your particular take on the theme song captures some of that spirit. It's a bit heavier than a Yoshi song should be, but it still retains that upbeat tempo and pacing that makes a Yoshi tune what it is. A particularly love the drum beats that kick in at 00:17. They really accentuate the instruments you use and keep the song going. Nice work.

VGSongbird responds:

Sometimes after playing Borderlands I have to play Yoshi just to cleanse my bloody pallet ;)

I was really trying to make this heavier, yet still whimsical. I realize it's probably not your thing--we've had many review discussions about this before ;)-- but I still appreciate that you listen through and give it a chance--and the 4.5 stars. ^_^

I love this. Its catchy and happy like a Yoshi song should be. :3

VGSongbird responds:

Thanks ^_^ That's what I was really going for.