Reviews for "Goodbye Maru Mari"

sorry but first off this has way to much reverb to it wich ruins the atmosphere, the melody itself is fairly original, the drums arent 8bit either but 32, and the triangles used for bass are hifi even.

Such a shame because this couldve been a pretty good 8bit piece if you had only made it with actual 8bit instrumentation.

-cal.

BenTibbetts responds:

Thanks for your thoughts. In retrospect, I think you've got a point about the reverb. You're also correct about the drums and the "triangles" (although I'm not sure exactly what you're hearing there), but this mixture of 8-bit and other samples does not bother me. If this piece was "purely" 8-bit, I would have had to cut several melodic lines out of the mix because of voice limitations. That would have been an interesting challenge, and maybe the track would have been better as a result of these restrictions.

Cool song. Very adventurous. Nice variations in mood. I like when the heavy basedrum kicks in.

BenTibbetts responds:

Thanks. That's reassuring; it was hard getting that section to sound congruous with the beginning.

Really well done. I thoroughly enjoyed the listen

BenTibbetts responds:

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.