Reviews for "MonsteroCity"

I like it

only improvements I would add is maybe a bonus unlockable character maybe smtin like a snake like thing that isn't bound to the ground? and sometimes the turtle flew off the screen so it would be nice to know where he is when he's offscreen like maybe make a marker or smtin to show where he is? and maybe not for the space ship but it would be nice if you showed where the next meteors were coming from (a radar on the side maybe?) other than that it's a cool game=)

ickmiester responds:

Thanks much for the suggestions! We were originally planning on having a marker for when the turtle flew off the screen, but we actually ran out of time with flixel february coming to a close. We never even talked about radar, we'll keep that in mind for future games.

Meh

Not great for control accuracy, and I was bored after the first level, even trying each monster.

ickmiester responds:

Well thats too bad. you never got to see the crumbling Mao statues, or watch the angry mob be chased off by tanks. You never even got to play around with low gravity on the moon.

Nice concept, but...

The game was ruined by VERY poor controls. Playing as the UFO, it was virtually impossible to position it to where I could shoot the asteroids, as it would conveniently slide over the exact spot I needed it to stop at.

Muncher wasn't any better as I could only ever get him to move while in the air, and even then it was difficult getting him to not go from one side of the screen to the other. His jump height also seemed to vary, and the fact that he crushed buildings with every landing didn't help either.

The easiest one to play with was, ironically the hardest monster, Polycylop. He would actually move and he had a nifty jump scheme, and his super weapon wasdefinitely the msot helpful of the three. However, like the muncher, he crushes buildings when he lands, making gameplay a bit more difficult than it should be.

Good idea, like I said. but the only monster that actually pulled it off was the turtle. So the game was completely ruined for me by bad controls.

ickmiester responds:

Well, that is how we intended the monsters to act.

A frictionless UFO isnt going to be able to excecute pinpoint turns, a 1 legged monster physically cannot walk smoothly. Thanks for giving it a run anyways though, glad you tried all the monsters!

not bad....not bad

not bad , actually it's a very good idea , but i got some things
gameplay : 7/10
music 9/10
characters 10/10
originality 7/10
graphics 10/10
adiction 7/10
with the UFO its too much easy and boring , and with the medium it's pretty hard because u destroy the buildings everytime u fall in a building later ate a meteorite -1
ok seeing all it's an 8 , with the -1 it's a 7 , good game ;)

There is a lot people are missing here

I really like this game. I don't understand what people mean by unresponsive controls. I experience no lag. Yes, there is a large difference between how fast monsters move on the ground as compared to how fast they move while jumping, etc. A turtle moves slowly. A jumping monster can't walk, he can only hop. A hovering UFO can't stop on a dime.

Also, there are differences to every level beyond the music and the background. There are "special buildings." Upon demolition of these buildings, there are changes that can make the game harder or easier. This made the game very fun for me and added great replay value.

All-in-all a great game, especially for a programmer's SECOND game. Keep going, your next game will be even better!