Reviews for "Coal Runner"

Much better than Iron Turtle

I see a pattern with your games. Like Banana Foot, and Iron Turtle, the game requires MECHANICAL PRECISION from the player ;)

There are many different areas, that range from industrial death traps to biological death traps. I see numerous references to your previous games ( hey it's that hopping little yellow creatures).

The different stages are seamless, the graphics and movement are WONDERFUL (as always) and doesn't get boring. Checkpoints are thankfully in the appropriate areas. And the collision is very good. Overall, totally better than Iron Turtle (except for the sound every time I jump. I find it REALLY annoying after a while).

jjwallace responds:

yeah those little yellow creatures are in almost every game i made... i try to always hide one of them in.... its kind of a trademark or signature. haha they are called nogs

Good game but...

It held my interest for a good while, and I enjoyed it; but when i was up against the boss, I was hovering in mid air with the arm between me and the boss, and it pushed me through the wall and I couldn't get back in. So I had to take points for that. Other than that it's great! It has a good selection of music and the idea behind the game is good, and well executed.

It has some issues

Yeah mostly i think the control is way off its hard to steer.

very nice game

[visual]
you did a good job on the graphics. the overall design and style was good and i also enjoyed how the environment changed as i progressed.

[audio]
the music and sound quality was good as well. your choice of music was good - also changing along with the environment. a nice touch.

[control]
the control was alright, i'm not a big fan of the sliding when you try to stop but thats not a major thing
the ability to jump off a wall was good as well, i fell into one too many lava pits and that saved my mechanical ass a few times.

[overall]
a fun, well made game with a good story. good job.

[[ 5 ]]

Nice, but ...

.. I hated landing in a lava/acid field and die slowly without a chance to get out of there. Have mercy. Instant death (hole) or a chance to escape like in some other places.

jjwallace responds:

right,
it is kind of frustrating on that part...
i did it because in some spots you can get out of the lava and some parts you couldn't