Reviews for "RetroShoot360"

dude...

cool off zeno, this is a rip off of his first retroshooter.
geometry wars came out a couple months after retroshooter.
don't be an ass man.
now, as for the game:
annoyingly complicated, but still fun. i liked it. onlty managed up to wave 9 though

pretty, but bad controls and silly mechanics

Graphically, it looks OK, but there are far nicer looking Geometry Wars clones out there.

My main gripe with this is the controls. Simply put, I want to control the ship with keyboard and aim with the mouse. Controlling movement and aim in a 360 degree shooter with mouse is stupid. It is not a challenge. It is not difficult. It is bad control design. Please, add keyboard control for movement.

Getting struck once removes all upgrades. This is a problem because of the aforementioned point - the controls for this game are terrible. On the initial levels, this doesn't matter, as enemies die with very few shots. But on later waves, it turns the game into a long, drawn-out borefest. Again, this is not a challenge or a matter of difficulty. It is just bad design.

The ability to switch firing types is good. You get points for that. The bomb system is fairly simple. I don't see why you should have to hold down the mouse for that, though - it delays what should be a reflexive action. Instead, that should be a single click or keystroke.

The upgrade system is silly. You're supposed to collect these yellow things, which is easy enough, because they move towards you over time. However, there are two problems. The first is that they fade over time. This is a problem due to the bad control scheme, which means you'll be shooting and killing stuff you didn't intend to, meaning wasted yellow thingies. Again, not a challenge or matter of difficulty, just bad design. Next, the game doesn't tell you your progress to the next upgrade . Given that it apparently takes a very large number of these, there should be some indication that the player is approaching the next level of upgrade. A simple progress bar would work.

hyrdo-eternal...relax

seriously hyrdo u need to relax..the game is good although i do agree that u shouldnt become completely powered down because u got struck...but dude give em some credit..even if it is bit off of geo-wars i mean..can u make a game better ? if u can launch it over to me..lets see if u can do better..if you didnt know making a game isnt easy...so stop bitching and leave ur unsupporting comment somewhere else...

as for RetroShoot360 the game is good..just throw in an upgrade screen or give the ship a health bar ..the game isnt hard...its just the dieing after 1 hit thing is a little annoying..so good shit keep up the hard work

-BioHzrd09

I couldnt stand this...

Terrible gameplay, the enemies sort of just formed a circle around me pretty much instantly, and because the cursor both aim and moves your character, u was run into one and die to get out, or just wait until they cme to close and killed me...

I've never played geometry wars, but some peple have been saying this game is a copy of it, i have no idea if it is or not so im not going to judge the game on that.

If you could control the character with the arrow keys an aim with the mouse then gameplay would be much better.

Not quite as good as the original.

I still love your style of gameplay and I for one don't think its a rip off of geometry wars. Having said that, I found this game to kind of lack the apeal that the first one had. I generally like gmaes that show you the same content for a while, but man I fealt like I wasn't getting anywhere with the content.

If it were my game i might throw in a few twists and surprises once in a while. Thank you for the new game nonetheless. =Þ Nice.

JGOware responds:

Thanks for checking the game out. Check out the video link at the top and you can see there is plenty of content. ;)