Reviews for "RetroShoot360"

Takes me back.

Let me start by saying, this is a fun game. I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to gaming, so this was a great experience for me. I didn't make it too far (level 14) so I'll give it another try later. (To be honest, I just couldn't get the hang of picking up those little crystals at first, I felt like they were shooting at me and kept dodging them.)

I can understand why some people are getting frustrated about the game's ever increasing difficulty (minus the little asteroid intermission levels). As long as you can keep from dying, you'll have no problem with each level. Just play it safe =D

level 10

Level 10, impossible.
When you die you don't restore bombs, so you might as well refresh the page. And you can only really hurt your enemy if you use the yellow laser, and if you use the yellow laser you go towards your enemy and die! And when you die all your upgrades except new weapons disappear so your left with nothing to defeat a harder enemy, making it impossible. THIS IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

Awesome graphics. Needs some work though.

It's a good try but you're probably getting a lot of low scores because of the difficulty.

I thought the different enemies were pretty inspired. They're similar yet different enough to make you change your strategy almost every level.

Here's the problem: It's too damn hard. I stopped playing after the green bubbles. It's not worth my time and frustration to slowly whittle down their health. I don't mean that in a mean way. I'm speaking as part of a large demographic of casual gamers who want to have fun too. If you don't include variable difficulty you're killing your appeal.

Here's what I'd do if I were you. Take a page from Death vs. Monstars' upgrade system. If I can't beat a level. Let me grind a little bit until I can buy power-ups that let me beat future levels.

JGOware responds:

Hello, thank you for the comments. Yah....it looks like the difficulty curve is a bit too high for the masses, but still....the shooter fans are starting to find the game, and the game scores are starting to average alot higher. I will 100% update the game in a few weeks, taking everyone's suggesting in, etc. The green bubbles is a boss wave and is meant to be a problem. Certain waves will 100% need bombs if you don't want to lose any weapon power ups. ;)

wtf??

ok author when i saw this i was expecting the old retroshoot style caught me a bit offgaurd but it still has kick butt crap but if you make another one, can you go back to the old style?but i still give this 10/10 and 5/5

JGOware responds:

Thanks, mucho appreciato. ;)

Great.... but not origional

I have to say it is a great game. Although just from the picture i could tell it was pretty much a Geometry Wars rip off. Tha being said i liked the new elements and upgrade system so it made i fun to play.

AND IT AINT TOO HARD STOP WHINING!

JGOware responds:

Yo..thanks for the comments. Nah..it's not a rip of GW, how could it be? Actually if you research my games this is a sequel of a sequel to game I coded a few years back called "Retroblast". RetroBlast->RetroShoot->RetroShoot360 -> ?