Reviews for "I Hate Ice Levels"

Heeeey Not bad!

Well it's a decent start. Those wall jump levels are a bit tricky but the game is at least playable. It's challenging but has a fun concept and the title explains all. Ice levels are the gamers natural enemy. Heh, it would be funny if you made I hate fire levels. Just imagine what that would be like. This game is basically parodying that. keep up the good work!

cant close music :/

poor

Ice levels. Fun... :|

+ Good level design for the most part.
+ The choice of music is pretty good. *Looks at author* No surprise there. ;)
+ Legitimately challenging by design, aside from iffy physics and an occasional unresponsive control.
- The frame rate seems a bit low... hurts my eyes.
- Wall jumps don't always work, mainly when you're moving at high speeds. THIS GETS REALLY FREAKING AWFUL ON LEVEL SEVENTEEN.
- The ice physics aren't all that great, which is a problem when ice physics are the centerpiece of your game. The ice blocks are just a bit too slippery. You also don't seem to lose momentum when you're on ice, which is unusual.
- Sometimes, because of the way the screen scrolls and because of the cameraman, you can't see very far ahead of your character, which can be frustrating.
- You can get stuck on the bottom corners of platforms for a second. Annoying. :|
- I don't know if anyone enjoys guesswork jumps, and there are a few of them in here.
- I KEEP GETTING STUCK ON THE ICE WALLS. >8C F@#$ YOU LEVEL SEVENTEEN!

Overall: Despite its flaws, it's a fun little game and you'll probably get through most of it before you get too frustrated to go on.

Level 17 almost made me lose my cookie (It also made me add caps to my review, and my bottom lip is starting to bleed). I spent almost two hours on it because of all the problems I mentioned above, plus it slows down a lot. Well, it's almost 5 AM and my vision is blurry and I'm blinking five times a second and I can't think anymore whee narwhal, so bed. But first, cookie. And you still owe me that sandwich. :P

I Hate This Game

The artwork doesn't look too bad, but isn't anything really great at all either. Your character looks plain as well as the levels, I know that they're all ice levels, but you could've gotten a little bit more creative with it. Next is the animation, it's nothing to go crazy about, but the game does lag from time to time even when set to the lowest quality which when setting it to low quality doesn't make the game change in appearance that much anyways. Next is the gameplay, a creative concept to make each level an ice level where you slip and slide and try not to die, using the camerman to show secret pathways that may look to be spikes is actually pretty cool. However the one thing that cripples this game are the controls. First off moving your character is easy to do, you have to be careful of him slipping and sliding though, but the wall jumping should've been worked on more, I've never had to deal with something so frustrating at times than the wall jumping. The music is good, but it gets annoying really quickly. There are no sound effects, which I believe should've been in a game like this. Overall your little comment of "It's Supposed To Be This Challenging" doesn't cut it for me. This game is kind of broken and for a game in which you only spent only 48 hours on, it shows.

|| Good Points ||

|| Bad Points ||
*No Sound
*Controls - Wall Jumping

wow

wow, I didnt even knew I hated ice levels until I played this game.