Reviews for "Gone to the dogs"

Delivers what it intends.

"Gone to the Dogs" wouldn't have had half as bad of a rating if ppl weren't so stupid. I'm not saying I think I'm smart or anything, in fact I know I'm not but I still managed to win several races towards the end. I also thought the running animation for the dog was superb; enough to inspire the making of a game like this.

Not THAT bad .. well maybe ..

I really just did random things. I bet on my dog everytime. Even if he isn't the winner you still profit. Like the person below me said, bet on Ball and Chain.

Just bet on your dog and maybe another one that looks good. Train and buy stuff from the shop after each race or save up. All my stats were almost maxed except attitude.

Really dunno what else. I really didn't get how it worked with the bills, profit and why the dogs pooped before each race. ;P

This game.

Isn't all that hard or bad.
This is what I did.
Start the game off with Cat Chaser.
Go through races without betting on anyone.
Always train with "All Rounder" or "Dog Father" trainer.
Try to train before every race.
If you have money left over, buy anything that will help your dog.
Do not buy anything illegal.
Eventually I had every legal item and my dog's stats were all maxed out.
I was able to bet on my dog $5,000 every time and come out earning well over $50,000 in total.

Nice game

I don't know what the hell people are talking about. I trained my dog steadily and my racing graph went like 66555443422111 or something which is a nice steady progression. My strategy was to do fitness trainging ONLY as in the end this means you can win any type of race so i bought items that make fitness training better. Dogs that win most often: vindaloo, ball and chain, the major so bet on these if you are short on cash but cash was never really a problem. I didn't cheat once and won steadily in the end even got hattrick of winning. The game shouldn't have ended just as i was on top :D that was the biggest drag and because of that I'm giving this a 9 and not a 10.
Otherwise great game overall. Very nice work.

You can't win races!

there are several issues

1) Your dog never wins, I went threw the game building up my dog and never got past 3rd place

2) the only real way to build up money is betting on the other dogs. Here's a hint bet the max on Ball and Chain. he wins 90% of the time

3) items don't help and are too expensive. Here's a warning do not I repeat do not buy the jet pack it's $55,000 and it will not help your dog win at all and every time you use it you get a $25,000 fine!

4) I don't understand how the bills work. one race i'll have $0 in bills next time it will be 10,000, next time its $2000, then up to 15,000 it's quite confusing as it doesn't seem I'm doing anything to cause bills to fluctuate so much