Reviews for "Colorbot"

Obviously you fail to understand...

...how different types of color blindness work. In a response to an earlier review you said how you can't believe people cannot see these colors because they are so different, and its clear you know absolutely nothing about color blindness. The most common type of color blindness is red-green, where it becomes hard and then near impossible to differentiate between shades of red and green. And you want to know what the next most common type of color blindness is? Blue-yellow. Looks like the four colors in your game are all accounted for. And then lets not forget that close shades of greens and blues or reds and oranges can get very mixed as well once you've lost your perfect color vision.

Now I try not to let color vision get in the way of how I review games. I think this game was a bit fun. Looked good, sound was good, played well, overall a well designed game. One thing I didn't like was that things you chased went into the colored corners. One time I chased a thing right into the edge of the color zone, but it changed my color and cost me a life. Another time I went into a color zone and another enemy of a different color ran right into me and cost me a life. I'm not sure if you planned it that way but that's annoying and takes away from the game play.

Also, replayability wasn't very high as after just a couple playthroughs I feel as if I had gotten all I was going to get out of this game. Maybe some powerups, different gameplay mechanics, or a level climbing system would keep help keep players interested. The way it stands now, even with the high score board, the players get the whole gameplay experience in just a few or even a single playthrough. By having levels, powerups, or unlockables, it helps to keep gameplay fresh and give them something to keep playing towards.

Overall its a good game, but what you don't realize is that it IS hard for people without perfect color vision to enjoy this game for all it is. The one review you got from another fellow was a bit uncalled for, I will agree. But for you to return ignorance with more ignorance and arrogance as well is completely irrational. I can understand not liking the basis for his review, but to go on and try to tell a colorblind person (I assume of course that the other reviewer is indeed colorblind) how color blindness works when you obviously have no idea about it is completely ignorant. You've come to newgrounds to submit your flash game for public review, you should expect to get a couple out of line reviews, and do your best to pick your battles. You're not going to tell someone who's color blind if they can or can't see the colors in your game, and fighting that fight doesn't score you many karma points either. Just try to be more understanding bud, and let your work speak for you. You've already got 350 votes, is it necessary to go back and fight with one reviewer? Probably not.

Kenney responds:

I can see the point you make there and I admit I didn't handle it the way I should have handled. Although, when people come along and do a negative review about your game that isn't even my fault, it kinda makes me furious. Thanks for your review though, about the chasing Colorbots until they're in a different color zone, I'm affraid that's just your technique ;) Would you chase a rabbit down its hole into a lava pit? I sure wouldn't!

SWEET!!!

FUN BUT HARD!

OK GAME

really boring after one minute but it was A okayyy :|

Nice game!

That is a very simple yet very challenging game!
AND it is so much fun! I loved the concept.
It could use some levels or upgrade though... That is the reason I cant give you more then 7/10

Dont listen to people like Drake-Fireheart..
It is a color based game so, so what if colorblind people cant play it?
Deaf persons cant play: Age of music, or something...

good idea!

I like this game. It has a constant style wich i like a lot. The instructions are short and understandable.
The game is a good idea and I played this game several times. I think some powerups or bonuses wouldnt be wrong.