Reviews for "SRM Star Wars Holiday!"

lol they were singing?

I like how the tablet makes your animations move smoother even if they dont look as good as they normally do... for now :P Another good ol SRM movie and you get 3 thumbs up, cuse I got the mutated arm on my back to finally listen to my brain seegnahlz.

Battosai810 responds:

Guess that's what happen when you play too much Fallout. Glad you liked the toon!

I now hate my old skepticism.

zyour new animation style just, well, worked.

Battosai810 responds:

Told you you'd like it! Glad you did :)

Stick to this style :)

You don't even know how excited I was as soon as I clicked the link to this Flash, Battosai!

As soon as it played, I was very impressed at the FBF, especially as SRM was explaining the Star Wars movie with all that body movement - that was great. And, not much later, the animation when Mel got on and off the couch was great. It was a slow FBF animation, but it worked well, because it was done so smoothly. Nice choice of colours for the background!

Please stick to this animation style, it IS lively, and keep it like that.

There are the slightest things to improve on, though, for example at some points, the drawings look crummy, but that's not much of a big deal. Maybe when you develop your FBF skills even more, you could add lighting effects to the characters' bodies - like with what you did on your previous movies.

As with the plot - so damn funny! I love how AGAIN Mel falls unconscious! Poor Mel :(

"You could've stopped... JUDGEMENT DAY."

"MWWWWAAAAAUUUUUHHHH!!!"

Battosai810 responds:

I really want to add (at the very least) some basic shading to flesh out the characters more. This is really me tearing down my old style and trying something new! Very happy you liked the new style.

Your suggestions have been noted - thanks for watching!

oh thank god

ive actually seen the star wars holiday special and my reaction to it was very similar to the red guys. it was very tramatizing to watch due to its epic failness of a "movie". i was very worried that you might try to show clips from it and was relieved that you spared those who havent seen it the horrors of watching it.

other than that, for a first attempt at something new it was very good. keep up the good work

Battosai810 responds:

I actually sat through the entirety of that wretched special last Christmas. There were parts where I was laughing at it's awfulness, and other parts where I just had to fast forward. Besides, if I showed clips from it in this animation, I'd be depriving my audience from the joy of seeking it out and watching it on their own! It's truly an awful film.

Glad you enjoyed the toon, and thanks for the good review!

2/5 and 5/10

Okay, if this is your first foray into frame-by-frame, then it's really good...as far as the animation goes. Sound effects and voices are decent as well. For what it's worth, I'm a Madness junky, and I like to see more action. There just wasn't enough going on in this to really make me sit up and say "hey, this is cool."

As far as the story/plot goes, I didn't find it all that funny. Mildly amusing, yes, but not slap-the-desk and clutch-my-sides funny.

Please don't feel discouraged by my low marks, this is a good piece of work, I just didn't find the total content of everything put together to be worth more than a mediocre rating. Don't let that get to you, I'm very picky about giving out 3s and 4s, and I almost never give out a 5 (only if I can find nothing wrong with it does it get a 5). You have excellent animating and flash talent, far beyond anything I could produce. Keep up the good work. I would suggest getting some friends to proofread your script, perhaps write a script (if you didn't), and don't ever quit. You can go places with the skills you have.

Battosai810 responds:

Thanks for the nice big review! I really like it when I get some honest constructive criticism.

I'll agree with you that this isn't a really "action packed" animation. It's rather low-key, and making it was mostly about exploring new techniques and for cathartic effect. I do wish I had a better script written out for this one. As far as ideas go, this wasn't a terribly refined one. This was just a fun experiment and an animation to tide people over before I made something big. I assure you, some big cartoons are going to be coming in the next few months!

I don't plan on ever quitting - I'm going to college to learn to become a better animator, and this was practice for the bigger projects I'll have coming ahead of me. Thanks for your enthusiasm and honest critique!