Reviews for "Quincy"

94 Diskont

It's hard to give a good rating to this, unfortunately. I don't hate it, but objectively, it falls flat on every level. The "quadriplegic amputee" idea is most likely either taken from Nameless character, either inconsciously inspired by, which, in both cases, thus not an original concept. The comedy was dull. There are barely jokes about the fact he's paraplagic. And the final "joke" is not even based upon that ! A joke that slices off the guy's head ? Maybe I fail to see the humour there, sorry if I do, but I anyway that's not really funny in the context. I mean, why would you need a paraplegic amputee for that joke ? You could have used a mentally retarded albinos that wouldn't have changed anything.

As for the animation, it's alright, you worked on that at least, albeit the drawing is poor. And use a best voice actor, the voices sounded so unmotivated.

fluffkomix responds:

the main joke about him slicing the guys head off is a subconscious one where if you think about it long enough you'll realize that since he has no arms or legs, he has no need to balance, and therefore he can't fall off, or maneuver the surfboard.

good for you

i remember watching this video when it was on the 5o newest submissions section. it's great that it got on the front page. keep up the good work.

thanks man

I'm being generous on yo stars

I think the idea has a TON of potential. That clearly has not been tapped into. I get that you were going for some kind of sick grossout ending, but with this kind of animation, that clearly wasn't achieved. There's so many funny things that you could do with this guy, and I'd love to see them. Please keep working at it.
Also, it might help to amp up your animation a little. If you are having a grossout ending like this one kind of was going for. A head sliced in half is far more effective when it looks real.
Don't let this discourage you though. I really think this can go far.
Keep it up.

fluffkomix responds:

yup, theres a bunch of things i have to improve

Flipped the joke

lol
i thought it was like that joke i heard once about a quadraplegic amputee that was lying on a beach, an old man approached him and said "ohhhh, poor turtle... i'll get you back where you belong"... and then he trew him to the sea...
yeah, its not a good joke when i tell it .. lol
^^
but the point is... i liked this flash, and it was unnexpected for me, lol

fluffkomix responds:

haha, i should spread that one around.

LOL