Reviews for "RHG vs. Spearton (1)"

I like the way you made a usually boring stick figurine fighting a interesting one, by putting in decent techno music, nice sound effects and a nice title.
-ZooAnimal

Thanks!

Awsome o-o

dis old af

Great Stick Flash

I have to say, while I've seen dozens of these stick flash, few stick out as being really good. This shows a lot of potential. I like how you set up the characters in the description and give them personality, and how smooth the flash was.

There are only two real suggestions I have to offer:
1) Don't end the flash so abruptly. Give the viewer a split second to know the final blow is coming...it'll give it all the more effect.

2) Make a series of these. Create different characters with different personalities/strengths, and go to town. Who knows, how about a huge tournament? This could realy go somewhere.

Thanks for the great submission, and best of luck!

Kwing responds:

1. Yeah, that's a great suggestion! People on FluidAnims just told me to practice, but it's nice to get some quantitative advice to build on!

2. These are RHG battles, meaning I'll be facing off several enemies, but Steven Walking will always be in MY RHG battles. However, I do have another character ready in case I decide to ditch Steven.

funny

i liked it
it may be difficult to animate stickman frame by frame...

good work on the next animations

Kwing responds:

Thanks. It's kind of hard, but I'll get better with practice.

Seen better, but it's alright.

Art:

The BG was pretty bland...Lazy gradient fills for the platforms, overuse of the shape tools, etc.. If you're going to be utilizing the same BG throughout the entire short you may as well put some effort into it. The sticks blended a bit too much with the background, the eye can't discern as well with such small dimensions.

Animation. Not exactly choppy, but there wasn't much easing or spacing, they seemed to move at a robotic pace. I'd check out LF2Master's or Terkoiz's stuff to illustrate what I'm talking about. A fluidity so hard to achieve yet very pleasing.

all in all it was entertaining, but there's room for improvement.

Kwing responds:

Thanks. No way I'll ever be like Terkoiz...