Reviews for "Shark Black: Demo"

hmmm..

I love the style.
and the story line is interesting.

Celx-Requin responds:

Cool, I hope you'll catch the next session.
Thanks for the review!

Sincerely,

Pretty good.

It si just that they were wispering so much that I had to turn on sud-titles. It was a great flash other than that.

Cool,
glad you liked it and hope you'll stick around for the next!

Thanks,

Artsy!

I'm afraid I don't understand it, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to the storyline, which I'm sure you must've worked hard on (sorry!). That aside, I liked the drawings, and the overall, "mysterious" feel to it. The voices were a little loud for me, despite everyone else needing to turn up their volume (?).

So ya good job dude.

Hello,

I'm always surprised when people say the audio is low,
It always seems fine to me, so it's good at least someone feels the same.

Anyway I hope you'll catch the next session, & thanks for the review!
Sincerely,

the flash itself. . .

was actually pretty cool :-D kinda reminded me of kill bill. . . but i agree with the previous review. . . to much flippin whispering. . . i cant stand the change of really soft sound to loud music. have to constantly readjust my sound

10 for the flash
0 for your audio. . .

Celx-Requin responds:

Kill bill was an influence that's for sure, along with coonskin, and cowboy bebop.
Spanish detective comics you've never heard of, and of course old school noir films like casablanca, man Bogart was one cool cat...

The audio was that bad huh, I thought I at least nailed the music, and sound fx... :(

Woohoo Shark Black

-I like the little pointer design you created for this. It really fits the whole shark theme you have going. Animating it was a nice little add-in too. I liked the whole layout for this a lot better than the CoolJaw Layout. The clickable items are much larger and contrasting to make them pop out better. It looks really nice too.

-The animating of this is ok. It's a bit choppy overall but you're probably using a low framerate. If at all possible try to have a high FPS to make the animating smoother. The dialouge was difficult to hear since most of it was whispering. Put in subtitles if your going to continue using this dialouge type. The lip synching was only an open and closed mouth and could benefit from having actual mouth motion too.

-You put a lot of extras into this. The backstory in the notes helped fill some gaps in the story that I couldn't figure out from watching the video. Concept art was also a nice addition and it helped me figure out some of the reasons for parts being drawn certain ways. The little Ripples comic gives you a little teaser but it didn't really do a good job at making me want to see more.

-Review Request Club

Hello,

It's running at 24FPS, I think the reson why it's choppy has more to do with newgrounds. See my response to coops review about the subtitles issue.
The lip syncing does suck though :(

Thanks,