Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "HiRoads"

WHOA

Wow. That sure brought me back some years ago.
Pretty good game, you shoud fix the space glitch, its more comfortable to use it as jump.

...

how nostalgic..i've played this ..years ago...and now ita here: thank you. :) (sorry the crappy english i'm italian)

filipp8 responds:

mee too!

A great clone of SkyRoads!

Perfect remake of the original game. Most of the time I've spent with this game is in its intuitive level editor. I've submitted quite a few levels in the last couple days. Go to the website, log in, click "Roads", search "csd", play levels, leave comments, make some of your own for me to play. :P Frustrating, fun, and addictive. The only real thing that annoyed me, besides difficulty, was that sometimes I couldn't jump. I've already posted suggestions for features and more on the forums. I'll name a few here:

- Replay videos (Like in games such as Peggle or Raiden III.)
- Time limits on certain levels.
- Editor: Ability to give fire, ice, etc. properties to non-flat platforms.

In case anyone is interested, another great game in the same style is Tasty Static. It's freeware, and has a bunch of different platforms that can turn your player around, reverse gravity, etc. It got me into games like this, and ate up a lot of my time. The Windows version has a very in-depth level editor, too. I think the creator is on Newgrounds, but I forgot his name here.

I think this game would work with some achievements and/or medals. Jump x times and beat a level, play a level entirely under a certain speed, don't use the last three columns on the right/left, play all levels, make a level, beat a level on your first try (Is there any way to link these to user-created levels?), beat all levels, beat all levels at full speed... I could go on and on. In the meantime, self-imposed challenges FTW! :D

Beautifully Faithful

Before I start, to the reviewer below me, I saw this game on another website - Kongregate I believe, but I may be wrong - and the author actually presented it as a remake of Skyroads, which was what made me play it in the first place, so despite that I don't see it in the intro here, they know what they're copying.

And damn, do they know how to create it.

I loved Skyroads, and I can't get enough of playing this game. For those of you that didn't notice, there IS an original gameplay mechanic in here - namely bouncing off the walls - but really, it's just a case of don't fix what isn't broken. Skyroads was simple and elegant, and this is one of the best remakes of anything I've ever seen in my life.

My small nitpick agrees with a previous reviewer; the controls died on me occasionally, but not enough to stop this from being just damned awesome.

Seen it before...in about 1993

You basically took a perfectly good game developed by Bluemoon called "Sky Roads" renamed it, and replaced the original game's space ship with a ball? Where's the credit to the original? Not cool.

Don't believe me?
http://www.bluemoon.ee/history/skyroa ds/

filipp8 responds:

hahaha, it's obvious that this is a remake!
you are very funny people...