Reviews for "Yuletide Groove"

WOW! This track sounds amazing! Love the drum track and the solo. I must say, it is a very original music style that you have chosen for Christmas. Also, the vocals sound brilliant, great voice, keep it up!!! Though the melody of the solo is good im not sure about the instrument.

^___________^ Thanks.

I quite like the instrument. It may be kinda cheesy but it has such awesome vibrato and eargasmic pitch-sliding that I couldn't help but use it.

And yeah the vocals are pretty amazing!

Glad you liked it man.

Wow, I loved this piece.
Vocalist is just grand. <3
And the music doesn't fall behind either.
All my fives.

Step responds:

That's great to hear! Thanks for reviewing :3.

Just fantastic. Kudos to the vocalist, obviously, but let's not forget about the instrumental portion. I was most impressed with the mastering, but the composition itself is nothing to scoff at--definitely fit the theme, and kept my foot tapping. And I don't care what anyone else says, that gated intro made me say "Whoah," out loud. Totally cool. Excellent job, both of you.

Step responds:

Man, it's awesome getting such great feedback on this. I'm honestly not experienced at all in making anything like this, so I'm relieved that it seems to be somewhat of a success!

I'm glad you liked both the vocals and the instrumental portion. And you're like one of the first people to like the gated thing, so yay!

Thanks a lot for the review man, made my day!

NAC Judge

haha this so feels like game menu music.. I like the stuttering of the melody at the beginning.. it's an effect you just don't see enough of anymore :)

the vocals are pro.. simply pro. I have no objections with that.. or the mastering.. this is all very professional sounding and I don't think I could do much better if I had tried so myself. It's just a shame that I have to judge those who did lesser-known carol submissions over original submissions..

I LOVE that 8-bit solo.. sounds like it came straight from a tracker :)

9.6/10!

-shawn-

Step responds:

Oh I didn't expect this review yet! Thanks!

You know, you've kept my mind at rest on two things that I wasn't sure about; the stuttering effect and the solo. They're the two most controversial things about this piece, so I'm relieved you like them.

Yeah I wish I did a cover of a lesser-known carol for the NAC (Federica's vocals would've helped a lot with that) but I simply had no time :(.

Thanks for reviewing!

NAC Judge
I wasn't sure at first but damn that's a great production! Really original and "true sounding" whatever that means. Great music, great vocals, great recording, great mix! It's fantastic!
The solo is awesome haha this song feels somewhat retro...really cool. Super submission!

Step responds:

Man it's so awesome getting such high praise from someone like you. Really glad you like it man; also relieved you like the solo too, I guess it wasn't a bad idea after all.

I appreciate the review!