Reviews for "Yuletide Groove"

NAC Judge

haha this so feels like game menu music.. I like the stuttering of the melody at the beginning.. it's an effect you just don't see enough of anymore :)

the vocals are pro.. simply pro. I have no objections with that.. or the mastering.. this is all very professional sounding and I don't think I could do much better if I had tried so myself. It's just a shame that I have to judge those who did lesser-known carol submissions over original submissions..

I LOVE that 8-bit solo.. sounds like it came straight from a tracker :)

9.6/10!

-shawn-

Step responds:

Oh I didn't expect this review yet! Thanks!

You know, you've kept my mind at rest on two things that I wasn't sure about; the stuttering effect and the solo. They're the two most controversial things about this piece, so I'm relieved you like them.

Yeah I wish I did a cover of a lesser-known carol for the NAC (Federica's vocals would've helped a lot with that) but I simply had no time :(.

Thanks for reviewing!

Just fantastic. Kudos to the vocalist, obviously, but let's not forget about the instrumental portion. I was most impressed with the mastering, but the composition itself is nothing to scoff at--definitely fit the theme, and kept my foot tapping. And I don't care what anyone else says, that gated intro made me say "Whoah," out loud. Totally cool. Excellent job, both of you.

Step responds:

Man, it's awesome getting such great feedback on this. I'm honestly not experienced at all in making anything like this, so I'm relieved that it seems to be somewhat of a success!

I'm glad you liked both the vocals and the instrumental portion. And you're like one of the first people to like the gated thing, so yay!

Thanks a lot for the review man, made my day!

Wow, I loved this piece.
Vocalist is just grand. <3
And the music doesn't fall behind either.
All my fives.

Step responds:

That's great to hear! Thanks for reviewing :3.

This is a 'WOW' worth! The mastering and the vocals sound so neat! I like the beat and how it builds up! One point I don't like is the gated transition at 0:24, but thats my opinion and not yours ^^. Yeah, so, this is all I can say. It's a good song! Already happy new year to you! Keep up the work!

Step responds:

Yeah most people don't seem to like that transition haha.

I'm glad you enjoyed this, thanks a lot for the review. Happy new year to you too!

WOW! This track sounds amazing! Love the drum track and the solo. I must say, it is a very original music style that you have chosen for Christmas. Also, the vocals sound brilliant, great voice, keep it up!!! Though the melody of the solo is good im not sure about the instrument.

^___________^ Thanks.

I quite like the instrument. It may be kinda cheesy but it has such awesome vibrato and eargasmic pitch-sliding that I couldn't help but use it.

And yeah the vocals are pretty amazing!

Glad you liked it man.