Reviews for "The Magic Man"

NAC Judge

hehe this is one of my fave place.. you took the role of the pedophile charlie and the chocolate factory type role.. it definitely is creepy.. and gotta love the vocals, almost sounds like the cat in the hat hahaha..

the accordian in the bg is just so brilliant, reminds me of gorillaz, the clint eastwood song most accurately..

my only beef is the mixing is a bit rough, esp. the vocals and how they sit in the song, but other than that great job!

9.5/10!

-shawn-

Adam-Beilgard responds:

Yeah, thanks to Lasse, all I hear now is 2D, too. Oh well.

Definitely agree to the pedo Willy Wonka bit, I had the idea for this character flushed out before I even wrote any lyrics down.

And of course, you know me - mastering is not my forte. I hates it. But I'm still happy with the overall here, I'm glad you enjoyed it, too!

So creepy D: But of course that is what you were going for. Sounds awesome though. I imagined people running away from him and the magic man having demonic powers or something. I like it though. Nice work!

Adam-Beilgard responds:

Precisely what I was going for, glad you got it!

Hey man, I'm not usually a fan of lyrics in the Audio Portal, but this is great! Catchy and upbeat and spooky all rolled into one. It'd be a great song to play over credits. Actually, you know what? We're just about to release a new Halloween movie, so I think we'll do exactly that. Thanks for the music, and I hope you like the movie! Let me know what you think of it!

Thanks! I like it!

Very good and now I can't get the chorus out of my head. I aaaam the magic man.. lol. Made me smile, made me swing and the small technical problems with the mic breaking your voice won't stop me from giving 5/5

Adam-Beilgard responds:

Catchy, right? The breaks you're hearing came from recording in one-measure increments so I could overlap when needed. Thanks for the review!

Pleasant Nightmares!!! >:}