Reviews for "LoL: Oh Yes And Spiders"

Outstanding.

All the pixel editing in this was just great. I can see from toying with flash a shitload myself that this was very fucking time consuming. I saw the entire thing and I went through all of the credits. This movie is good and you should feel good. :D

Only advice I must say is that assuming most people on newgrounds cannot sit still for an animation that's over 5 minutes (10min max probably) You should work on more but shorter animations. The quality of each animation is outstanding of course and I hope it's always done that well. But this felt almost like an actual TV show or something. It was just soo long xD

Not saying it's a bad thing, I actually enjoyed this a lot. But the majority would probably like a quick little video to where they are able to go back to, to view and such.

I'm not sure if you reply but I have a quick question about this. Was each sprite custom bitmaps and imported to the library and animated frame by frame. Or, did you get a pixel tool in flash and frame by frame edit without having to create multiple custom bitmaps in another image editing program.

Your friends that helped you did a great job with the assistance as well :P

Emptygoddess responds:

The one that involves custom bitmap that was imported to the library and animated frame by frame.

You know, the stupid way.

This will only.. Hasten your demise!!!

In short I loved this flash. Why you ask? because I was one of those kids that grew up on the old zelda cartoon (also may have the dvds for that show now too <.<) that loved every bit of it. The flash has the esscence of the old show which made it so great back then and for me even now.
The voices may not be perfect but you know what? they are damn good none the less!
For the pixel animation I liked it because of the custom spirts that were used in it. I had to go and watch the rest of the series of this flash wondering what else was done XD also I love the faq. The humor, the wit and the plain randomness that is the internet.
Okay I have rambled on long enough and finally loged on just to write this up just because I felt like I should for once XD
Keep making more of these as I truly love them.

Emptygoddess responds:

I'm not the biggest fan of the random. It can be nice, but also it can be creepy, weird, and unpleasant.

thought it was awsome

im old school like that

Emptygoddess responds:

word to your mother 8-bit gangsta.

I love it

i love the way link acts so random and unexpected. i would do the same thing i mean she did say get it out any way you want so rideing it down the stairs at a high volcity would be the way to go. this was the best one yet just wish you put the "i'm a ninja" thing in this one, cant wait till the next one

Emptygoddess responds:

Maybe he's only a ninja sometimes. He's so good at being awesome, he can switch archetypes with but a focus of his anima.

This is the first ever animation that I have seen from you, which made me the fan of your work that I am today. It's been a surprising 4 years, and it still holds in its humor and visual quality. I just noticed I've actually never reviewed it before, and I don't think that serves justice to this amazing spritework.

The amazing--

Visually stunning animation that's filled with life. Every frame shows emotion, detail, and quality. From Link signalling his group to back away from Sprite when she talked about slavery, to the box slightly moving when Link tossed that "sticky and gross" item into it when it bounced off his bed. Everything had a purpose, and it made me watch again and again-- seeing something new each time.

The sounds-- while there wasn't much in terms of music, that proved to immerse me a lot more. When there was music, such as certain scenes or the menus, it fit perfectly, fit the mood, and gave the animation a lot more life. In particular, the Scene Select theme keeps me listening. But in the animation, all the sound effects were fitting and added to the immersion. It also made me smile that quite a number are from A Link to the Past.

The plot-- It's not usual that someone would take the set up from the animated show and go with it. It was a pleasure to see someone take the potential that was there, and capitalize it. The dialogue was clever, the interactions believable, and the characters well written. The voice actors gave such life to the characters that honestly if you had just done dialogue boxes, it couldn't do them justice. If I ever finally get into my game development and flash animation, I would hope to get actors half as talented as your team.

Also, on that plot detail, I really enjoy that this is a legitimate sequel to the four-part Episode I you made. The characters would even make references to that previous episode throughout the animation. Gave a great feeling of continuity and adds to that feel of making a homage to the show that you were aiming for.

The sheer details-- even the credits had something going on, and kept the watcher engaged. Even your Donation Button has clever use of wit. I've given money to your PayPal before, and I plan on it again, though I might put that through to the Kickstarter you posted about just to see more.

The negatives--

Grammatical Errors extremely frequent-- almost every scene has at least three or four errors. Some scenes have completely different dialogue than what's said, which sort of puts off some immersion.

Some visual errors-- Some of the colors on some of the sprites would change colors occasionally, like Link's hair. I believe I saw Pink, to Brown, to Blonde, to Gray throughout the animation.

Incomplete Credits-- While it's a gag that you poke fun at throughout your animations and games, you usually skip a few people and sources in your credits or give vague ideas on pieces of where to find it. I feel like that's more negative than positive. Like your credits seems unorganized, crediting things as they appear in your mind, rather than Order of Appearance, Significance, or Alphabetical. It also would be hard to read at times. Skipping yourself is fine, but you would have some soundtracks at the top, but then have another song near the bottom. It's four years later, but with the sheer quality of the entire animation and menus, it seemed out of place your Credits would be difficult to read; especially when you made it a note in the animation to please give a moment to appreciate the contributors.

I can't believe the biggest gripe I have is the Credits, and actually went into detail about it. XD

Other than that, this Animation was fantastic; and if those are the only gripes I had, it was damn good. And none of those detract from the overall experience.

I sincerely hope we'll see an Episode three that was teased in the Options menu, I can't imagine the hilarious back and forth Ganon and Link would have, and I will admit I've been excited to see that these four years since this came out. Hopefully with your recent return with the Kickstarter, you'll consider giving it a go. =D

Overall, this is one of my favorite animations of all time on Newgrounds, and I certainly hope we'll see more from you soon.

5/5 and a 10/10 would recommend to anyone, and have showed it to many already.

-Matthew

Emptygoddess responds:

Thank you. Truly. I don't know if episode 3 will ever happen, but if it does, I hope it has as much of an impact on you as this did.