Reviews for "Agony: The Portal"

One of the Best!

Every once and a while I will find a game that i really truely like, this game is by far one of the best i've seen on NG, If i could give you a higher score you bet i would!

As for the people complaining about about the Item shop... you don't need them, I got to lvl 20 before I even really considered getting any of them, and I only got some of them because of the third party offer system, I got over 4k HeyZap cash from doing a survey, so you don't have to pay, just take 5 minutes out of your life to do a survey a BAM, you have cash to get your prized items.

Okay guys, take this advice.

///First off, to all the newfags here: the item shop there doesn't need to be accessed, you don't need to buy. It's as simple as that.///

I played through this game in 4 hours, getting all the 8 artifacts on normal mode and getting to about lvl 50 in Darwin Mode (Nice pun on that one). The game was easy. Very easy.

There was one boss which was challenging if you didn't know what to do, but after about 12 stages, you understand the game mechanics and you get very fluid and fun play.

The Darwin mode was a nice way to add to the replay value, as you can grind it for amazing items and OP stats. (Hint: 2 bosses then die).

There is a lot of criticism to be made, and please listen carefully:

- The spells were abundant, but after you have them all once, there isn't a real need to upgrade anything further (except heal). I'd like more spells at a later level, or a better incentive to upgrade spells.

- The Heal spell doesn't improve after 10 stats, which means that you're only increasing its downtime. This is stupid.

- The monsters could have more variation. Semi-bosses, dragons etc. would've been nice, as well as different races.

- Even though the items only cost 10 cents-1 dollar, there is no incentive to buy them whatsoever. They look nice at their current level, but then you start getting better mob drops 5 levels later, and you've wasted your money. At the end of the game, the best items can be bought, but why would you want to continue after you've gotten past the most of Darwin mode? The weapons need to be persistently good (improve with levels), otherwise no one will want to buy.

- Last piece of criticism: there is no end-game content. Because it's not multiplayer, you can't duel, you can't get new spells etc., you'll never feel like playing through the game more than once. This ruins the item purchase option, because unlike with F2P giants like Ijji, you won't use the items again.

And so, I reckon it's best to add something of a multiplayer, or make a multiplayer game alltogether. (Maybe add rankings, ratings) Improve the items, make them adjustable (added damage, swifter slash, like the jewel system in WoW).

I don't think SP flash games will have a future other than a hobby.

The game was very good, and could easily become really good.

Thanks for listening,

~ d3m0n1c

Positive: weapons with spells

good

i like to be the riper

Awesome game!

It is a great game with many skills and tons of levels and items!

I dont agree with most of the critizism. The levels are harder once a higher difficulty is chosen (really!!!)...you are then even rewarded with stat and xp bonuses! great idea!

I am currently playing a magician on the highest difficulty grade and i must say that the spells especially comet and wheel of death are very usefull and a adequate alternative to melee. the spell recharge time is ok...you need a variety of spells and upgrade magic and it wont be a problem.

The shop...well...you put a lot of effort in the game and you want to get some cash out of it. no problem in my eyes. C'mon people you are not forced to buy anything in the shop. Additionally you get one item for free and 2 rare items per level (from the bosses)..in my eyes more than fair. please stop giving this great game a low score just because of the shop. I'd like an additional shop with in game money that offers weaker items or other bonuses though.

The only realy downpoint in my eyes is the variety of enemies. They change theyr apearances and other factors (like range etc.) but they are no special enemies that requiere a special tactic or sth.

Anyway. overall one of the best games on ng...10 stars well deserved!

Great game.

1 question. What's the name of the battle song?