Okay guys, take this advice.
///First off, to all the newfags here: the item shop there doesn't need to be accessed, you don't need to buy. It's as simple as that.///
I played through this game in 4 hours, getting all the 8 artifacts on normal mode and getting to about lvl 50 in Darwin Mode (Nice pun on that one). The game was easy. Very easy.
There was one boss which was challenging if you didn't know what to do, but after about 12 stages, you understand the game mechanics and you get very fluid and fun play.
The Darwin mode was a nice way to add to the replay value, as you can grind it for amazing items and OP stats. (Hint: 2 bosses then die).
There is a lot of criticism to be made, and please listen carefully:
- The spells were abundant, but after you have them all once, there isn't a real need to upgrade anything further (except heal). I'd like more spells at a later level, or a better incentive to upgrade spells.
- The Heal spell doesn't improve after 10 stats, which means that you're only increasing its downtime. This is stupid.
- The monsters could have more variation. Semi-bosses, dragons etc. would've been nice, as well as different races.
- Even though the items only cost 10 cents-1 dollar, there is no incentive to buy them whatsoever. They look nice at their current level, but then you start getting better mob drops 5 levels later, and you've wasted your money. At the end of the game, the best items can be bought, but why would you want to continue after you've gotten past the most of Darwin mode? The weapons need to be persistently good (improve with levels), otherwise no one will want to buy.
- Last piece of criticism: there is no end-game content. Because it's not multiplayer, you can't duel, you can't get new spells etc., you'll never feel like playing through the game more than once. This ruins the item purchase option, because unlike with F2P giants like Ijji, you won't use the items again.
And so, I reckon it's best to add something of a multiplayer, or make a multiplayer game alltogether. (Maybe add rankings, ratings) Improve the items, make them adjustable (added damage, swifter slash, like the jewel system in WoW).
I don't think SP flash games will have a future other than a hobby.
The game was very good, and could easily become really good.
Thanks for listening,
Positive: weapons with spells