Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Mr. Broose"

I liked it

It was really well animated, and you got a few giggles out of me but the story was really simple so I don't see why it ran for so long. I think it could have been about half the running time that it was. But all in all it was good :).

ZILLIS responds:

I generally agree with you, but it is after all, my first animation. I think I was just so impressed with my walk cycles that I looped them far more than necessary for one thing.
I disagree about the story being simple. There is NO story at all. It's just a series of gags. That's all it's meant to be.
I will try to create a snappier pace for the next one. Thanks!

crazy

The comedic retorts followed with violence with random weapons reminds me of The Mask (comic book). You have simple art, but great expressions, movement & sound. Good job. Make more.

ZILLIS responds:

Thanks for the score and the encouragement. I'm glad you like my crazy style.

Mr Broose has a nice voice

I liked this more than most things like this. Broose's little run to walk to stop transition was lovely too.

ZILLIS responds:

I guess that's saying something. I can do much more than this sort of thing, so there is something to look forward to :)
Thanks for the score! And, Hey, that's my voice you like! What an unexpected compliment!

mgf

There were a lot of things I did and didn't enjoy. I liked the twisted humor, but it was very predictable and not always that funny. It was mostly a punch line followed by violence. The art style was fitting for the flash even though it was simplistic. Still you did an awesome job, so keep it up.

ZILLIS responds:

Thanks for the compliments. I've got a lot of rounding out to do as both an animator and a storyteller. Not that this was even meant to be a story. Just a bunch of sadistic punch lines followed by violence as you said.

Didnt really get the point

it just didnt serve much of a purpose to me. comedy lacked, violence was blan and expectable, art was not pleasing to the eye, i dont know, overall i just dont see me getting any enjoyment out of this. 3/10 for smooth animations and decent voice acting.

ZILLIS responds:

Your honesty is appreciated, but lucky for me you are in the minority. I guess it's just not your style.