Reviews for "Mr. Broose"

AWESOME

loved it... every bit of it. besides i think your voice acting kicks ass (it sounds like a mobster from the 1920s).

ZILLIS responds:

Wow. Now that's a compliment. Thanks for the score.

ZILLIS is at it again

I did not like it at all. I did not think it was funny, just vulgar and the story was nothing more then a long drawn out killing spree. Violence for violence sake is not funny no matter how many sound FX you use.

ZILLIS responds:

There is no doubt in my mind that you're points are valid, but i have an 8.39 avereage of 113 scores.
I guess validity only goes so far in this crazy mixed up world.

Hey, it gave me a nightmare!

So, I suppose it succeeded in one thing.

But as it was a physics text, i have to say you did an extremely good job. The bullets, the blood, the body parts, the holes in people, excellent work.

It's very gruesome (but hey it's Newgrounds) but the only thing that bothered me was the people faces as they died.... it kinda disturbed me.

Good job, sir, hope to see more, maybe less violent things in the future.

ZILLIS responds:

You have no idea what a compliment that is.
I'm speaking as an animator - not a crazy person :P
Thanks for the score.

everything is wrong with this lol

good work but like it pretty sad at the same time but i liked it

ZILLIS responds:

Yeah, it's meant to get your attention.
Thanks for the score.

mixed

i dont know wether to laugh or to... cringe. maybe even wince. a imean, some parts are really funny for example the old lady + shotgun part so funy as hell, the other part (nice day isnt it?, not for you my friend! *mace*>>lol), also the child part was amusing but the exceptional violence (stabbing a little kid into mush) is just rrrrrrrrrr, makes me feel like my stomache a twisting, its wierd....

i suppose its like that series The happy Tree Friends - grusome, twisted, gore leaking out at every step, but none the less slightly funny. only yours has brill one-liners in it here and there.... which makes me feel all mixed up about wether its good or not.... so i think a 7 and 4 will have to suffice.

i wouldnt mind seeing some more however, maybe so i can make up my mind.....

ZILLIS responds:

I am working on a couple more.
Now, check it out. I made Mr. Broose drawings just like this in the 80s - so it' 03 or 04 and I see Happy Tree Friends.
I thought: "damn. This is so close to the concept of child-show violence. They beat me to it."

HTF, I don't find amusing. It's very bland and stilted and reserved - and most of all none of the violence is intentional... a strict adherence to that rule is followed (last I knew).
Obviously, my point is - if you are uncomfortable watching Mr. Broose, you are

A) Normal
B) Sensitive
C) A good person
D) None of the above
E) just watching a cartoon