Reviews for "Omniwitch"

I dunno. I might have a particularly weak point for your style since I'm consistently giving you scores so high even you don't agree with them, but I feel bad about it at all and I honestly don't feel that it's an overstatement to say that the stuff you come up with in a couple of weeks challenges the stuff of established prog rock/metal bands.

My old praise remains: the instrumentation is absolutely glorious, from the absolutely authentic sounding drums via the playful latin jazz piano to the layers and layers of tight, squeaky clean and impressive guitar playing. There seem to be more chord progressions in this entry than the other entries this round combined. I thought the flow was great as well - sure, there are a whole bunch of abrupt and unexpected transitions but after a few listens I find none jarring enough to throw me off.

This time around your submission is one major issue away from jackpot, and it's a composition-related one, for this track certainly tests the listeners endurance and attention span: the song just keeps on going and going and going at full steam with hardly any change of pace save for the occasional roadbumps (i.e wonky transitions and triplet grooves). It's like the musical analogy of a stream-of-consciousness essay with stunningly beautiful prose that doesn't actually convey a big coherent meaningful message, but has an overarching feel and certain recurring ideas, and ends up being a hell of a ride in the end.

9.3/10

Kor-Rune responds:

Wow Buoy c: thank you so much for the kind review! I think I should try to find a new approach to transitions though. I think BTBAM is already doing the whole abrupt thing XD

Thanks again Buoy y r u so nice

Everyone else's reviews are all long an imposing and stuff.
I just want to say that this is so stupidly engaging and enjoyable.
Thank you for making this. ouo

i think im in love with this song

I love this mix of Rock and Jazz. I've never heard anything like it before! Great work.

Awesome!
Which bands were yours infuences? Probably Buckethead or something like that. :P