Reviews for "Welcome to Metropolis"

am i seeing things?

was the robot he mmeets supposed to be sort of like a cameo of fender from futurama, or does he just resemble him?

a cameo of bender

So Spaketh the Slaughterer

Obviously there are some issues with the flash, such as when the guy looks up, but overall it's well done. To address the issue brought up by KillerBlackfox in regards to the issue with the legs, it's not that the legs are going behind one another no matter what. If people paid attention they'd realize it's a looped motion. The same leg is being lifted every time. Also, I don't see how anyone could mistake the Futurerama ship you drew as being imposed rather than drawn. Then again, I pay too much attention to details as I'm an artist, not a flash artist but tradition art is my gig.

All that in mind, you might want to smooth out movement, tweaking the walking a little to make it look like it's not just the same "first step" looped over and over again. I also suggest fixing the coloring a little as there are empty spaces.

Overall, I think this was a cute animation and well done aside from the little things I noted. I like the music and the idea. I've decided to give you an 8 for this.

thanks!

not bad

its not bad... and i always liked that song, but I think you need to cut down on the futurama intake...

Not too bad...

It had some ok drawings (you are able to draw perspective well) and the humor was pretty good, I liked the Futurama joke at least.
But it had no proper story, and was a bit too short.
But what got me the most is the massive amount of tweens, which were clearly detectable. It looks strange, and even sometimes morphed the drawing when it moved. There's nothing wrong with having the occasional tween, but they should only be used when they are doing somthing simple, or it is just silly not to use them. So next animation, do some frame-by-frame work, it'll look much bettter for it, even if it is harder.
But still, you have potential, so keep going!

Not too good, not too bad

The graphics could've been a lot better, everyone's legs kept going behind the other, no matter which one stepped last, and you put a picture of a Futurama spaceship which you obviously didn't draw. Also, what's with the little gray bump on the satellite dishes? Is that supposed to be there?

Yusuf responds:

i did actually draw it if you pause it and zoom in it doesnt get blurred like a picture