Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "dear dan paladin!"

Great Tribute

Wow this is something else, something really good in terms of a tribute. I like the way you've even included the blood here. I think the use of coloring is spot on and the overall recreation of "DAN" is accurate. I would like to point out you even have kept a shadow element here and there. The sketch paper you used is good but this really is something you should make into a digital trace and then color in with digital style. I like that you have something hand-drawn here, but there could be much more crips and finer details here if you used a more digital version of this piece of art. I think the submission also has an issue with the blood on the chest. Is this blood just splatter or is he injured? It looks more like cuts on his chest and if that is the case, you need to make wound marks around the blood to indicate there has been some of trauma or injury to the flesh to cause it to bleed like that. Now if this is spatter then I would make the blood itself more of a rounded out shape like splatter or something that isn't more of a cut motion in the shaping. I think you should watch a few horror films or maybe "CSI" to understand what I mean about blood patterns and how to create them. I do love the purple and the way the body is looking down almost at the victim or prey of the "DAN" as if he is pleased and admiring his work while he stands with the knife. The knife was spot on and had a good angle and a good amount of blood. I would love to see more of this, maybe him with the victim next time as that is always interesting to see that point of view. You have some great work here and I hope you make more and continue to impress and I think "DAN" himself would and will enjoy this one right here.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Just more detail in the blood splatter or the pattern of in on his chest and that is it.

~X~