Reviews for "Propter Te"

Recording quality of an amateur; arrangement of a pro. Like said the progression is simple, but varied and compelling. Lyrics sound magical (to me ><), which might be good too. Maybe the overall sound is a bit 'dated', but I think this song has the qualities of a hit song.
Well, maybe the vocals could be a bit more polished. And that MIDI-guitar is wack. I suspect all the flaws off this song would disappear, if more time is put into it. I hope there will be a remake.
Nice story of inspiration too. (Not that I personally take that in account; the stars are for the song.)

Troisnyx responds:

Yes, I do intend to remake this song once I get a better mic in my hands (PC mic doesn't help really T_T). If by that MIDI guitar you're talking about the one that appears all throughout the piece (FL Slayer), then yep, I can understand.

Thanks for the review! ^_^

Excellent, excellent piece, Trois! There was a flow to the piece that seemed to connect from one section to another throughout with very little drop off.

The major problem to an otherwise exceptional piece was at 3:51 (as BlazingDragon already mentioned). I agree with what he wrote and add my own piece of untrained, amateur advice of maybe doing without whatever instrument you have playing just after the high point at 3:51, and letting the lyrics take center stage while transitioning back to the main theme.

I'm sorry to hear that you had some problems midway through composing this, but very happy that you persevered through to provide us such a beautiful and moving piece. As it is said, "When someone closes the door, God opens a window" (literally in this case)

Really awesome Nyx! Good luck in the deathmatch!

Thank you! ^_^ Will be needing it... x

The passion behind this music deserves 5/5. I really can't say too much about this piece that's negative and any minor flaw is outweighed by all the positives.

Great job!

Thank you! <3

I was expecting to see way too many classical/orchestral pieces in this contest, but this was a nice breath of fresh air :) This piece really stands out to me from the submissions so far.

Granted, it's not very powerful but it's very smooth, and that counts for something. It has a great flow and atmosphere as well as a terrific arrangement and instruments to compliment the lyrics.

Great work! good luck in getting through to the next round!