Reviews for "-Orr- The English Kingdom"

As usual your track is full of fire and energy. This definitely sounds like a bright adventure soundtrack. Glad to see you're still putting out high quality stuff on Newgrounds! :D

Thanks Andy!

Your songs are always so amazing and well done. 5 out of 5 once again. Absolutely outstanding.

Thanks for your support!

Wow, I love it! It's so energetic. And it never becomes repetitive, like many of the other genres represented on this site do. I'm not a huge fan of orchestral arrangements, but you bring it to life for me!

Marvellous energy in this track. It didn't really give me King Arthur vibes, but great nonetheless!

The piano somehow felt a bit oddly placed in the mix at times, and I found myself really wanting more of an accent on the first of the fortissimo chords rather than the same dynamic throughout them.. but in general the production is just wonderful. Makes me want to have Hollywood Strings and Brass, now I just got EWQLSO without close mic positions. FML.

DavidOrr responds:

I used (and still use) EWQLSO for several years, and it's still a solid product even 9(?) years after release. Hollywood Strings and Brass are wonderful tools, and definitely have a more authentic, organic sound to them. They're very versatile, and the level of articulations included is quite deep. The only downside is that they're extremely taxing on the computer though (HS more so than HB)!

Great idea about the accented notes -- I'm putting those into a revision as I write this :). The main reason the piano is in the piece is because I originally scored it out for small ensemble (Piano quintet plus flute, horn, and one percussionist). I had the opportunity to rehearse, conduct, and perform the piece. During the process, the piano felt like such an integral of the arrangement that it felt wrong for me to take it out as I orchestrated it.

Thanks for your review!

really good song, it kinda reminds me of a tales game, i really like how it switches from light to heavy