Reviews for "-Orr- The English Kingdom"

Better than Disney. You should get their money.

DavidOrr responds:

I'm working on it :)

I hope you don't feel like this is a negative, but it felt a bit too whimsical to sound like something about King Arthur. BUT!!!! And this is a huge BUTT!! (like, yo'mama joke big) this reminded me of the music from Pikmin to a tee. From the small inserts of the piano, to the way the large brass sounds flows into the upbeat and peppy woodwind section. This, my friend, felt like an authentic track to one of the Pikmin games during a cut scene or trailer. I just kept seeing Olimar leading his little pikmin against gargantuan foes and fighting his way through them to find some essential piece of space junk.

I hope you don't feel insulted. I'm sorry I wasn't given the impression you were looking for but the one I received instead deserves much applause. Very good work.

DavidOrr responds:

You know, I've always heard great things about the Pikmin games and the soundtracks, but never gave them a listen. You have inspired me to check them out! Regarding the King Arthur bit, I hear what you mean -- this doesn't have a medieval sound that you'd associate with King Arthur. At this point, I'm ok with that (as the whole suite isn't finished yet). I may go back and tweak the music a bit or -- more drastically -- change the story this music is based upon. We'll see!

Thanks for your review :)

That was really good terrific job!

I was listening to this at one in the morning, and I thought I had accidentally started a movie. Great work!!!

You could definetly do some work for a major movie! I love it!