Reviews for "DMT:How to read music/tab"

Nice Work

This is a nice and relatively easy guide to understand for those budding young composers/musicians. Even though I already knew how to read music, this guide easily summarizes the basic things you need to know.
This is pretty much meant to be basic, but you could expand the information with teaching the different components of music, such as quarter/eighth/sixteenth notes, chords, majors/minors, the possibilities are almost endless.
There are some glitches in the flash though: besides the overlapping music, when you try to go back on the TABs page, only the text will go back. You will need to press the back button many times and you cannot press the continue button.

Darkmaster603 responds:

I agree, I should added note durations. The updated version will cover a bit more.

I think I got lazy with the flash, and since I doubted it passing judgement, I let things slide. Now I need to redo this tutorial lol.

Thanks for the suggestions and review!

nicely done

has someone who has played violin in my orchestra for 7 years i would know all of this right away so it was easy to inderstand, but someone with no musical experience might have a had time understanding sheet music, i have never played guitar but your tab music explanation was good, i know know how to rad guitar tabs if i ever wanted to play guitar :)

overal nice job, you get a 9/9 and a 4/5

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well thanks, glad to know I did it right then!

Thanks for the review!

Very good! I liked it!

I'm a musician (French Horn) and even I already knowing how to read music sheet I saw this as a very good basic test andd hleped me with some things I didn't remembered.
:D

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well I'm glad it helped you! Thanks for the review.

Finally someone who explains this stuff slow and easy enough to let it sink in a bit and the visuals and transitions are clean and smooth. The basics are important when you know little to nothing (like me). But i have to say i don't understand why its under the featured games when this is classified as a movie. But no real problems with the actual movie itself.

Darkmaster603 responds:

I had it under the game category by accident, so that's the reason why lol.

Need more ?

you might want to make a test for people who may want to make sure that they understand. The theory part was okay, but you could add sounds to help understand that F# and Gb are the same sound (for exemple).

Darkmaster603 responds:

Yea, I think after I finish the tablature tutorial, I'll come back to this and upgrade it.