Reviews for "DMT:How to read music/tab"

Nice

Well done.

I saw this more as an information delivery foundation, rather than a music/tab tutorial. Honestly, you could put anything in there, and that's the beauty. You potentially have a very sleek, web2.0, way to tell people about anything.

BUG: running through sheet music, then tablature leaves you with a menu button to click on. clicking this takes you back to the menu, but another instance of the music starts again over the original. a bit distracting.

Your main menu was more much nicely animately than the rest of the slides. i'd like it if this was consistent.

You intermingle text and images that contain text. this seems inconsistent.

im no musician, but perhaps someone learned something? i mean, don't they make whole books on this stuff? i'd say you were a bit too concise, in which case explaining this topic might not be appropriate for a flash movie.

remember your audience too. this is a fine display of work, but are people getting any utility out of it? There's probably not too many people coming to NG looking for this. SURE, there are some, but imo, not enough to make it worth while. it seems like you got a webpage. put this on there.

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, I agree that not many people come here looking for this in particular, 95% of my reviews are thanks for making this, because they either got a refresher in music or are getting into music and it's helping them. This was mainly for my site, but I thought it would be a good idea to upload here too.

I also agree that the tutorial could have had more animation done to it, but I kinda rushed through this. The next one I will get into more details graphically.

For the music problem, I've added that stop music button

I think your right about a lot of things, but the point was to make a interesting and unique tutorial on how to read music/tab. That was my goal, and from the reviews I'm reading, I think I accomplished it.

Thanks for the review, and criticism!

Cool

I liked, just a thing, I have an easyest way to play Crazy Train

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, I just needed a song everyone has heard for an example. I'm sure there are different ways to play crazy train, but this is the way I learned.

Nice layout and good tutorial

For the guy who said "what about the H". abhcdefg is wrong! In some countries(f.e. in germany) it is "aHcdefg"! The b is called h there. That happend cause a misspelling.
But to the author. This is a great tutorial. This isn't just helpful, it looks very well too.
Keep on working

Darkmaster603 responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the layout!

zzzzz

kinda boring....but useful

a good way to make this exciting to to keep pressing continue and then the music doubles up.... its like techno

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, the first priority of this flash isn't to be entertaining, although I tried to make it somewhat entertaining.

I hope you can find some use out of this though!

Very Helpful!

Although I already know how to read both, it didn't stop me from watching this flash. And from what I saw, you didn't miss anything. Nice job.

Darkmaster603 responds:

Thanks! I was kinda worried I forgot something, but that's reassuring lol.