Reviews for "DMT:How to read music/tab"

I'm a singer-in-training

(I even plan to do voice-acting for NG later)

I already knew how to read tab and sheet music, but not on English, this will be very useful to me later. Thanks!

(it has some bugs in the Tabs section, though, therefore the 9)

Darkmaster603 responds:

Yes, I know. I wish I spent more time on working on the bugs, but It was meant to be a tutorial more than a flash submission (if you get what I mean).

But t he next one will be worthy of daily feature lol. I'm glad you can find use in this flash, and thakns for the review!

Need more ?

you might want to make a test for people who may want to make sure that they understand. The theory part was okay, but you could add sounds to help understand that F# and Gb are the same sound (for exemple).

Darkmaster603 responds:

Yea, I think after I finish the tablature tutorial, I'll come back to this and upgrade it.

help

Right after i hit "play" it has annoying music, then it stops and thats all. wont do anything else

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, IDK what's wrong with it then. Works fine for me...although you could have jsut pm'd me or something...

Great Job!

Very nice explanations. I know how to read sheet music, and this definitely covered the basics. I also know how to read tablature (though that hasn't made me better at guitar lol), and the same is true. It's always nice to see educational material of Newgrounds =D

Darkmaster603 responds:

Thanks, I think so too! I'd love to see more tutorials being done, maybe I should start a team huh? lol =P

Thanks for the review!

Awesome

I already know how to read music, but this tutorial caught my eye since I haven't seen much about reading music on here. Anyway, this is a really good tutorial and a great way to teach beginners how to read music/tabs.

Well... just a bit of a tangent... there are a lot of talented musicians out there who don't know how to read music... and it seems to me that after you learn musical theory you seem to lose a lot of that creativity because then you're constantly thinking too much about the key signature and tempo etc. rather than just the music.

Darkmaster603 responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Well, after learning theory I think you evolve as a musician. I think musicians make music for other musicians, not so much ordinary people. Sure they want to impress the masses, but the biggest thing is to impress musicians.

Thanks for the review and input!