Reviews for "Reset (Instrumental)"

Wow...

Definitely the superior version. There is some fantastic detail both composition- and sound-wise in this song, and it really shines here unlike in the other one where they are drowned out entirely by a (imo) mediocre vocal track.

Shanath responds:

I'd say both versions do their job nicely. It's more of an acquired taste depending if you like vocals or just full on instrumentals. The feelings both tracks give off are also a little different so they could be considered two different songs altogether.

Thanks for the review! And of course for providing your guitar skills to this project. :3

Hey, I've taken the time to listen to both versions a dozen times. I cannot say I really like one over the other. The instrumental version is beautiful on its own. The rises is the music are my favorite part, I get swept away, my heart races and I just feel excited. Then the music keeps pace, but the electric guitar seems out of place. ^^" Yeah, you all must of heard that one a lot... Perhaps Buoy could try Acoustic guitar instead of Electric. Just a personal opinion there.

OH! Almost forgot you all did capture the Okami style in the music and well. I've never heard the song in the game but instantly knew where it came from! I'd love to see what else you all can produce when working together. I'd say this project was a success! ^^

Shanath responds:

Thanks reviewing both versions! :3 I honestly can't pick one over the other either as they both are pretty unique on their own.

As for the electric guitar a few people have said it does seem kind out of place with this style of song but I think it was a pretty unique way of giving the track more oomph. The electric/acoustic combo going on also helps. :3

Ah, this is really nice. It's super relaxing, then gets super groovy. Great job.

Can't decide I enjoy this version or the one with vocals better... so I downloaded both :)

I feel that the one with vocals is better for casual listening -- fyri's voice is easy to latch onto. But this version is better with headphones on and nothing to distract me, as there are just that much more small details to take in.

So yeah, great collab. Look forward to more great work from you all.

Shanath responds:

Yeah, I agree, which is why we uploaded both versions. There's a lot of little details here and there you won't be able to get if you just listen to the vocal version.

Glad you enjoyed!