Reviews for "The Pretenders"

A Pleasant Surprise

There were people who got miffed into thinking this is a serious production, but this is exactly how my brothers and I used to play around in the house, if we weren't playing (and endlessly analyzing) video games.

With the exception of jumping around for the advent of delicious grub (we devoured most everything and didn't care as long as it wasn't poisoned), it was dead-on in its portrayal of young kids who take on different roles. To have grown idiots perform the leads makes it funnier, although you could have had someone who knew how to play a father/elder sibling figure for the third character. That was the weakest link, and instead of poor production value, it was a sour actor.

I don't get why ads had to be placed onto the final product, but so be it.

This was actually pretty fun, and it surprised me. I almost overlooked it (mostly due to a few sour reviews before me), but I'm glad to have viewed it. Maybe if I peruse my old entries and reviews, I'll remember the other locale and view it there as well for the best effect.

Wow, thanks a lot.

I do agree about the father figure, but we had to work with what we had. So instead we used the angry brother.

As for the ads, they are put there because.. we make money from them lol. Why wouldn't you want ads put on a submission?

I'm happy that you enjoyed it and thank you for the well thought out review.

Another decent video.

I have always found Nick and your humor style to be amusing, this was no different. The parts with the pizza rolls was hilarious. I also liked the scene when Nick was trying to find evidence of where the criminal would strike next. The movie was filled with irony, that is good comedy right there.

There were only a couple problems I had with the flash. At times the video screen would be black and only a glisten of a character would be visible, it annoyed me at times. I understand how difficult it is converting video files to flash, but the sounds were weak and some loud and other soft. I just flt it didn't fit together well. I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

When you and Nick were making the gun sounds at each other, it somewhat reminded me of Monty Python, I loved it when you juggled your "gun". It was a pretty good video from the two of you, keep up the good work!

NotCoachFro responds:

I think the part that you are talking about with the darkness was when the person was outside in the dark. There wasn't much we could do about it since we didn't use any lighting.

The sounds are weak, and I'm brainstorming some ways to make the voices better.

Thanks.

Great punchline

A nice movie, I have to say. Possibly could have done with visual effects to add to what the Pretenders themselves were trying to put across as their imaginations.

"They say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes." Yes, I know. It's called living.

Still, that aside, you've given a production that at times, I did sadly found a little boring. The plot that you started with worked well, but when it was going through the motions, there seemed to be large parts when all you all you got was minimalist action and just the narrator, which I found a little too monotone in his delivery. Sorry.

The jokes were delivered well and the dead pan acting skills were plain for all to see - how many takes did you guys need not to burst out laughing?

[Review Request Club]

NotCoachFro responds:

Towards the whole laughing comment..

I believe we didn't laugh at this while we were making it at all. We didn't laugh until it was all put together and we watched it.

Recently though we shot Beneath the Sheets 2 (You may remember the first one) and we couldn't stop laughing during many of the scenes. Just laughed so hard that we had to shoot some scene 4 or 5 times in a row so we could do them.

Thanks for the review! Hope to see you reviewing Beneath the Sheets 2.

Haha

-Good-
The whole cop/private detective thing was pretty funny. The ending punchline was unexpected and funny. Also Tostinos Pizza Rolls FTW. The music was pretty good and worked with the movie.

-Bad-
Well a lot of the time the movie was really dark, at some points too dark I thought. It was dragged out and boring at some points but still good. Another thing that bothered me was that you guys were wearing socks while shooting at each other... yeah that's it.

-Overall-
A nice little movie, I liked the ending.

~Review Request Club

NotCoachFro responds:

We can't wear shoes in my friends parents house. XD

Thanks for the review.

lol

mine wouldnt load

NotCoachFro responds:

Lol so you reviewed it without watching it? Sucks to have a slow computer huh.