For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 23 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "The Pretenders"

HELL YEA!!

I like dis flash! :D

You made it sound like you;re a detective on a murder case (+3)
Then you got into a gunfight with another guy!! (+2)
BUT IT WAS PRETENDING!! (+3)

And also: Great effort, also twas kinda funny cuz you were pretending! (+1) and (+1)

Overall:
5/5 ; 10/10
~darknessdweller

Lmao, awesome man!

Haha, better than your average

homemade film. It's not hollywood, but the camerawork and script was pretty well executed. Maybe some lighting issues here and there, I'm going to guess that the sound was the quality it was because of the overall film's quality being reduced a bit. I thought the ending was, for the most part, decent, but the dancing around felt a bit out of place. Great use of humour, I think you guys did a decent job. Well done!

NotCoachFro responds:

Thanks for the review. We did a couple of shots of the ending, but it just seemed to be the only one that went with the movie. I really don't know what else would have fit there though.

Perhaps we should invest in some mics to make the sound better. That's the only thing that is really missing from our movies now.

Great movie!

--ACTING--
The acting was brilliant, everyone did their lines perfectly with no mistakes and made it look realistic and serious.

--STORYLINE--
The storyline was also very well done, at the beginning it was a very serious scene and then just minutes later, people are shouting bang which made it a comedy too.

--OVERALL--
It was a great movie becuase it got every bit perfect, there was nothing I didn't think was bad or unnessasary it all went together and made something brilliant.

-Phil

NotCoachFro responds:

Thanks a lot. I'm happy that you enjoyed it so much!

Nice

Again a pretty good movie. The story starts off great with that investigator theme and ends in an unexpected punchline.

The movie is a bit too dark at times. While it works quite well in the very beginning where Nick enters the house and talks about his job it's a bit hard to see what's going on once he goes to the fridge.

It would also have been nice if you had used toy guns and sound effects until Cody appears on the scene. While it is hilarious to watch two guys shooting at each other with their bare hands (and it also reminds me of that one episode of South Park) the punch line would have been even better if the viewer could actually see what you two where imagine.

{ Review Request Club }

NotCoachFro responds:

We've addressed the lighting in our newest movie. Beneath the Sheets 2.

20 MB?!

Dude, I have to give you a 9 for if nothing else than informing me that Tom Fulp raised the bar to 20 MB! It's not often I see live-action stuff here (that's more suited for YouTube) but I'm glad it's here! The atmosphere (with all the dark stuff around) is simply wonderful. I was a bit skeptical of this seriousness when they didn't have actual guns. You threw in a great twist by revealing it was in fact, pretend. Dang, I really should've figured that out sooning just by looking at the title!

thanks