Reviews for "The Pretenders"

I loved it.

This is one of your more serious movies, and I have to say you pulled it off awesomely. The writing was good and so was the acting. Looking forward to seeing more of your movies. Also Tom should make a award for the best non-flash made movie. You would win for sure.

Fro responds:

Thanks a lot! I'm happy you liked it and thanks for putting the ads on!

lofl

That, was nice. What can I say, I'm simple minded.

Lol so aren't we.

nicely done

i thought it was really well done and as for being just over 18mb i didnt find that it took that long to load.

Fro responds:

I'm happy it didn't take too long to load for you. I'm also happy that you enjoyed the submission!

I have to admit, it was better than I expected!

Graphics: 8/10. A little dark and blurry at times, but you did the best you could with size limitations, so it's fine. Surprised you could get five+ minutes of video into 19 megs with quality this good. The intro was nice, too...seemed like a "real" movie/television program intro scene, heh.

Audio: 8/10. Voices were a little hard to understand at times, but nothing drastic. The narration did a good job of being somber and serious...until the anal fissure cream massacre was brought up. XD

Acting: 10/10. Perfectly fit into the faux-serious storyline, with the distraught and weary detective, and the gunfight was awesomely hilarious. As was the celebration over tostitos.

Humor: 10/10. Totally started out as a serious cop story, with everything deadly serious, until the mention of anal fissures cream. One wonders why the entire family had them, Mister Detective. XD The gunfight was the highlight of the movie, with the bangs and bams being absolutely hilarious, as was their aggravated interruption. Well done.

Overall presentation: 10/10. I've never been a fan of live action stuff on Newgrounds, but this was an exception. You managed to cram a lot of goodness into 19 megs without sacrificing much video or audio quality, along with a humorous story that was fun to watch. Good job.

Ways to improve: I can't really think of much, since this flash appears to have been filesize optimized well and the storyline was perfect as it was. Perhaps, as others have mentioned, the lighting could have been a bit better, since dark scenes coupled with the slight distortion of filesize cramming can make viewing difficult at times.

Fro responds:

Thanks I'm happy you enjoyed it!

For the lighting in the future we may have a better computer, and I'm going to look up some ways to get good lighting even with night scenes. In the morning we really have to be careful because the sun leaves nasty glares.

The next movie was shot in the sun, but just hasn't been put together yet. Not that I know of at least.

The high quality version is over 80 MB, so you can imagine the terrible things we have to do to these files to get them to uploading size.

Thanks for the review. It's greatly appreciated.

Great job

My first impression when I saw that Nick and Corey would be working together, now mind you... I went to high school with these guys... I thought this would be HILARIOUS. And, surprisingly... no... it wasn't surprising. It was hilarious.

BANG BANG.... BANG.

Nice job fellas... now when do I get a role? HA!

Fro responds:

We'll strike a deal. You make a theme song for us and we'll let you act in one of our movies. :)