Reviews for "The Pretenders"

not bad

This was a pretty decent film overall. i laughed during the gun fight scene and the pissed off big brother scene. and the file size wasnt an issue for me personally. But to tell u the truth, i just dont think this was meant to be submitted here. am pretty sure most of the people on this site (including myself) view newgrounds as a flash animation/any other animation site. i just dont think that a film with ALL live action shots fits in well on this site. i think your better off just submitting this kind of film on break.com. But am not going to knock you points for that. I still thought it was funny, not the most original plot, but it works, and i thought the actors were good too. And the quality wasnt the best, but not too bad. And i believe u Accomplished wat u set out to do, which was to be comedy (for the ppl who thought this was suppose to be a serious film, your morons). anyways, not bad, hopefully u wont take ill-will to my opinion. peace man.

Fro responds:

It was already submitted on break.com before this website.

Good review though. Thanks a lot!

Well,..

I dont want to hate, i just dint enjoy. I think you need to harness the power of the various skills you have and make something great. You have talent, you need to use it to break boundaries, not create another hum drum project

Fro responds:

We make better projects. You do realize that would make a file so big that we couldn't submit it here. That's why we don't submit the good projects here. Thanks for the review that doesn't review my submission whatsoever.

Hahaha

I have to say this is your best movie yet, I liked how you guys created an ambient of suspense and hilarity. I started to laugh when the message of "A pointless production creation" appeared and I fell off of my chair when the killer and the cop starting to shoot around the house. This movie made my day.
Conclusion: Excellent work, guys. Well done.
10/10
5/5

Voting power: 7.52
Voter number: 228
Voted 5: 3.82 / 5.00 (+ 0.023)

Note: You guys, win this time <3

***TPM***

Fro responds:

Thank you and I'm happy you enjoyed it. :)

Riveting

What can I say? that was awesome. So simple, yet so entertaining. To put it short, it was good. Now, to put it long.

Plot: I like how the story starts off as a serious crime drama and ends with a romantic comedy sort-of vibe to it. You guys short know how to make a transition seem natural. Managing to make me interested in something that isn't flash on here is very hard to do, gentleman.

Audio: I don't know if this was because my air-conditioning was on, but I could barely understand what you guys were saying. Not to mention the music that was being played over didn't help much. If you could get better mikes or edit your sound next time, that would be awesome.

Humor: The humor in this was pretty funny, actually; not early SNL funny, but still funny nonetheless. My favorite part was when the Cop and the Killer were dancing around, fantasizing about pizza rolls was top-notch.

Video: At some points in the video, it seemed delayed for a few seconds and the lighting was not very good. Next time, you should probably film during the day, as to let the viewer see better at what's going on.

If you're planning to do a sequel or something, that'd be great.

-Knights

Fro responds:

We tend to make movies at night for some reason so yeah the lighting is poor. This is all done on a video camera that is suppose to take picture anyway. :P

The sound is bad because it's a movie put into flash. That always happens. That we the small camera just doesn't pick up noise that well. That's why we have to overdub a lot of our stuff.

Thanks for the great review!

A Pleasant Surprise

There were people who got miffed into thinking this is a serious production, but this is exactly how my brothers and I used to play around in the house, if we weren't playing (and endlessly analyzing) video games.

With the exception of jumping around for the advent of delicious grub (we devoured most everything and didn't care as long as it wasn't poisoned), it was dead-on in its portrayal of young kids who take on different roles. To have grown idiots perform the leads makes it funnier, although you could have had someone who knew how to play a father/elder sibling figure for the third character. That was the weakest link, and instead of poor production value, it was a sour actor.

I don't get why ads had to be placed onto the final product, but so be it.

This was actually pretty fun, and it surprised me. I almost overlooked it (mostly due to a few sour reviews before me), but I'm glad to have viewed it. Maybe if I peruse my old entries and reviews, I'll remember the other locale and view it there as well for the best effect.

Wow, thanks a lot.

I do agree about the father figure, but we had to work with what we had. So instead we used the angry brother.

As for the ads, they are put there because.. we make money from them lol. Why wouldn't you want ads put on a submission?

I'm happy that you enjoyed it and thank you for the well thought out review.