Reviews for "The Pretenders"

Ah you just submitted something new :P

Haha sorry if I'm a bit late, you know alcoh... hum wait, school keeps me away from the computer and NG. On the subject now, I really liked it overall. The story line was cool and captivating in the beginning, but as Coop said underneath, it gets boring after some minutes, it was mainly due to the fact the actions were long.

To avoid that in your next movie, you could try to reduce the length of the scenes. For instance the scenes are a bit disjointed and don't hand out together very well, but nothing too bad. Also I noticed the music quality was decent although you could make the narrator voice cleaner with a better mic or recording software :).

NotCoachFro responds:

You must have been drunk when you wrote this review.

Great punchline

A nice movie, I have to say. Possibly could have done with visual effects to add to what the Pretenders themselves were trying to put across as their imaginations.

"They say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes." Yes, I know. It's called living.

Still, that aside, you've given a production that at times, I did sadly found a little boring. The plot that you started with worked well, but when it was going through the motions, there seemed to be large parts when all you all you got was minimalist action and just the narrator, which I found a little too monotone in his delivery. Sorry.

The jokes were delivered well and the dead pan acting skills were plain for all to see - how many takes did you guys need not to burst out laughing?

[Review Request Club]

NotCoachFro responds:

Towards the whole laughing comment..

I believe we didn't laugh at this while we were making it at all. We didn't laugh until it was all put together and we watched it.

Recently though we shot Beneath the Sheets 2 (You may remember the first one) and we couldn't stop laughing during many of the scenes. Just laughed so hard that we had to shoot some scene 4 or 5 times in a row so we could do them.

Thanks for the review! Hope to see you reviewing Beneath the Sheets 2.

Great Job...

Great Job, I really liked the part when Nick acted like he picked up a gun off of the counter but he just made a gun out of his hand.
Great job, but I couldn't give it 9/10 since I didn't especially like the ending. But the rest was great.
I'm glad there are still live-action films on Newgrounds, keep on makin' them, you do a fantastic job, but try to get a little better lighting next time, though.
All in all, Great Job...

NotCoachFro responds:

And how would you like this to end? You can think of a better ending? I really want to know because your the second person to mention the ending.

Wonderful collaboration

I don't see many wonderful live action submissions here on NG. This one was pretty spectacular as well.

The acting and narration was pretty well done. The fact that those 2 are always imagining that they really are playing fugitive and vigilante is pretty well done. Using your hands as guns was pretty clever usage for the dialogue as well. Just when you think it really is real, the third person comes in only to reveal they are living a fantasy world of crime that isn't real. This made it all so creative.

The fact that the murders on map were a smiley face made me laugh really hard. Everyone played their parts wonderfully.

The storyline seemed to have been real thought out and the foreshadowing at the beginning was so misleading, as in he dies faked but comes back to life for tostitos pizza rolls. XD That was pretty funny. I haven't ever seen you Xorky play a live action part and that was pretty awesome how you stuck straight to the character of being evil even in friendship.

Overall this seems like quite a wonderous project coming in at almost 20 MB, loved it Corky. Have a nice day.

~SCTE3~

NotCoachFro responds:

Thanks, great review and great motivation.

I liked it

~~REVIEW~~
very good movie, i thought it had some decent acting looks like you guys did homework with other real movies and such, but corey you are killing me with the size hehe, but regardless i still enjoyed the flash and had a really good story, i thought it might use some "SUBTITLES" the voices were not bad, but it might just make it that much better. anyways great movie even if it was 18.9 mb's hehe

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Add some subtitles just an opinion though

~~OVERALL~~
Awsome movie great story, cant wait for more

~X~

NotCoachFro responds:

Sorry about the size. It's much better than it's original 80 MB size though!

Ha, I'm happy that you enjoyed it and perhaps we'll find a programmer to make it so you can turn subtitles on and off in the future.

Thanks for the review.