Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Medieval Rampage"

Well...it IS good...but...

there are few glitches...
like the medal-problem wich still exist and a loop-problem with the (pretty annoying...) music....

But it's cool stuff in there,tho^^

xdragonx10 responds:

Medals will be working when the admins approved the fixed version, please be patient until then. If you don't like the music you can mute it.

Good Game

It was a good game and all but the medals don't work =\

Pretty entertaining game.

I like the concept for your game, there haven't been too many games I've played that have a medieval setting. I thought the animation and conrols were both very smooth. The upgrades were a nice addition to the game, they gave me a reason to keep coming back to play. The in-game achievements were fun missions to accomplish as well.

The only thing I disliked about the game was that it got repetitive after the first couple of waves. The new enemies every few levels were nice, but just the running and shooting didn't add much variety to the gameplay. Besides that, I found the game to be quite enjoyable.

I'm not trying to overanalyze this, but I have one question. If the enemies have the abilities to teleport and shoot fire, how can this be classified as "medieval'? It just struck me in the middle of the game, and I don't want to come off as mean when I sat that, I'm just curious about it. Anyway, keep up the great work!

xdragonx10 responds:

I realize the games gets fairly repetitive, the sequel will address this issue with more environments, enemy abilities, melee, spells, bombs, rage mode, leveling up, and more!

I'm guessing you haven't played too many medieval games then, a lot of them include the things you listed. The game is still set in a medieval type realm though.

Really good.

I always look for a good length game, but most are either too short, or too long, this is a perfect balance.
I was addicted, and played for an hour and a half straight.
I like the upgrade system, the bows that drop from enemies, the variety of enemies, variety of arrows...it was all good.
After finishing and reading the last statement, i'm assuming you're doing a number 2?
If so, i'll be waiting.
Really good work, keep it up.
4/5 9/10

xdragonx10 responds:

Hey, I've uploaded a fix now, it just has to get approved by an admin. Glad you liked the game.

Pretty good

Bosses are a bit too easy and redundant but pretty fun otherwise. Also maybe take another look at the hit box for the fireball projectiles? I'll try to help identify some bugs:

Medals:
I guess you already know that the 10th kill and 4th boss medal are bugged, but seems like the 100 achievement medal is also bugged. Haven't had a problem with all the others.

in-game:
-A check mark exists next to the "no bow game completion" achievement even when you have not done it yet, though the check mark looks slightly different from the others.
-In survival mode, ice/fire arrows are reversed when dropped from monsters.
-When you quit game, the game repeats the armor games logo (have to refresh to play again)
-When you go to options and set ti low quality, the game still runs at medium quality when you start. I was also able to right-click and set quality to low manually in later levels. The play, stop, pause options also came up. Perhaps you add some buttons to adjust quality while playing.

I also recommend proof-reading all of the achievement descriptions :P

Overall very good. It's also good to see an author replying to comments :)

xdragonx10 responds:

Thanks for the comment, I'll look into the fireball thing you mentioned.

I'm still not sure why those medals aren't working, but I will figure it out, again to everyone who's already gone through the effort of achieving them will automatically get the medals when they're fixed.

- Known trying to fix
- Known trying to fix
- Haven't encountered this before, could you possibly give some more details?
- I'll look into this

Could you tell me which ones to look at?

Thank you.