Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Epic Battle Fantasy"

Amazing game, but 4 gives me more nostalgia. 5 stars for sure though.

Definitely shows its age, but I played it a lot as a kid and it still holds up well enough! Keep making new ones and I'll keep buying them ;)

Playing this blind, and without any nostalgic connection to this games was an experience.
It's obviously outdated, It's obviously monotonous, but, I didn't realy expect anything diffirent, I'm playing these games one by one, and since this game is just the first game, it's obvious it gets much better from here.
all in all, a good game, not much to say, considering how short it is. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

IT STILL WORKS!

I remembered playing this back in the day but never beat it. After seeing EBF5 in the portal, I decided I didn't have time for a 30 hour game and decided I'd give this another go instead.

It's decent, but the gameplay is a bit drawn out and monotonous. Not knowing the type of an enemy except based on the damage you deal is a bit annoying, and I found many of the items to be significantly more important than others while in the shop (potions, ethers, and revives are by far the most important, and ethers get used the most.)

I liked the idea of balancing healing and damage with Goku at the end (the fact that Judgment heals you makes this interesting, as your mage might heal the swordsman, but is better off using Judgment to heal herself.) However, aside from that, the game doesn't have a ton of strategy to it, and not knowing how long until you reach the shop or how long each wave lasts makes the game feel longer than it otherwise would.

matt-likes-swords responds:

Yeah, if you only play the oldest game, you're gonna get an outdated experience.