Reviews for "Tendril"

Nicely done.

I didn't really sense a concept for this flash, it mainly seems like lines connecting to form random objects. It was still an entertaining flash though. I thought the background looked neat and you used color well. I enjoyed the part where the two tubes were both filled with color, it had a cool effect on the flash. The music was a nice addition too, it went well with the animation.

The concept and somewhat repetitiveness was all that I counted off for in this flash. Aside from that, I thought the experimental feeling this flash envoked made it look different and creative. Smooth animation and good music was what made this flash interesting. Overall, it was a submission that appeals to your senses. Keep up the good work!

(title in work)

This was an enjoyable FBF animation, definitely better than a lot of people on NG can do. One thing I liked about this was that there was always multiple things going on in this instead of just one central animation, which seems boring to me. The background was pretty cool as well. However, I don't think the 7.7 meg filesize is justified at all. You probably need to compress the music a bit.

Review Request Club

Pretty Nice

-Good-
This was a pretty interesting piece here. The FbF work was pretty nicely done and interesting. The music was nice and synced nicely. This was a pretty interesting flash.

-Bad-
Overall it was well done but seemed that at some points the animation looked a little slow during the FbF. I'm not sure if it was my computer or what but I needed something to put here :P

-Overall-
A well done movie, very interesting

~Review Request Club

Interesting

A little short, but overall a really nice effort. I think that's you've put a lot of effort into getting this piece right, from the background of what looks like brown parcel paper and the frame-by-frame imagery. Perhaps a few issues within the flash, but it's one hell of an experience to watch.

I think that the eye looked weird, especially when it winked - it should technically have the lower lid rush up to meet the top lid in the middle - with the top lid doing all of the work, it looks slightly misplaced. Nothing major, I note, but still something that may have been overlooked.

A good piece of music, but perhaps a little long, thus contributing to the large file size. Perhaps a little searching will find some sort of ambient loop that would be suited equally well, or perhaps some conversation with the author of the audio will give you some pleasing results?

[Review Request Club]

Very cool and trippy.

~ Animation/Graphics ~

This is a good FBF submission. I attempted my own not too long ago, but was so disappointing in it that I didn't even think about submitting it or finishing the submission. Any tips?

I liked the hazy background that you picked and the random animations that seemed to follow a good theme. If that makes sense.. random animations following a theme. :P

Anyway, great style all around for a FBF submission.

~ Story/Content ~

Just a random flash, but very trippy. Was fun to watch and kept me interested. I liked the length of the submission as I feel something like this going on for too long could get boring quite fast. So in my opinion good length.

Nothing really to improve here either. Color choice was also done well.

~ Audio ~

Great song to use in a FBF. Got to give you props for finding it and then more props for what seemed to be effortless syncing of the audio and animation. Most FBF flashes do go well with the audio chosen though as long as it's a good song.

~ Overall ~

Not perfect, but I still can't think of anyway to improve really. Not a bad random flash at all. Keep up the good work.

~ Review Request Club ~

ScelesticFish responds:

First off thanks for reviewing it. That part of the audio was actually made for the flash so I wasn't the one syncing it. It would have had some story or moral, but it was the way it was because I originally never meant to submit it. I was thinking I would be disappointing by my work as well :P It turned out good though. Tip wise all I can really say is that practice and perseverance really pay off, save often or you might start to cry, and try not to think of a plot or story at first, just start animating.
People seem to like the textured background and they notice that it's trippy. I smell a sequel!!!!
Thanks for the positive and helpful review!