Reviews for "Sketched - Happy Birthday"

HAHAHAHA!

Great humor! Music fits well! Great animation!
"What the hell was that??!"

sirjeffofshort responds:

Thanks man. Keep an eye out for more coming next month.

Nah...

I didn't like it. The colors were not fitting, and the art was kinda un-fine... :( You should make the aimation smoother, too. It wasn't really an enjoyment to watch, but nice humor, though.

sirjeffofshort responds:

Although I think your points are valid I feel like you may have missed the point. I'm not trying to insult you as I'm sure that you 'got' the short, but what I mean is that the accompanying art is meant to be somewhat unrefined and quick paced in keeping with the title of the series.

Although I do admit that as I have only been animating for about six months now I do have a lot to learn, the focus of "Sketched" as a series has always been on the writing and the humor above the animation. I know there are those out there who would not agree with this approach, but to us it is more important to have artwork that properly portrays the humor of the situation rather than to create something stunning visually.

I am not trying to argue with your opinion as I do find it to be valid (at least you explained why you didn't like it). Although when read it does seem more abruptly harsh than helpful. I will keep your suggestions in mind for my future works.

funny

the red and the yellow are funny hehe

Yes... yes they are.

Bad birthday!

That was a funny and unique short. I wish the sound was clearer

sirjeffofshort responds:

Yeah, we are working on getting a recording engineer for our shorts, so keep an eye out for better sound quality in the future! Haha, thanks for the review.

...

WELL THAT WAZNT THAT GOOD NOW WAZ IT

FUNNY CANDELS BUT SHIT THAT WAZNT GRATE YU KNOW

sirjeffofshort responds:

"People think this is a useless review." Sorry to say I kinda have to agree with them. Aside from the fact that it looks like your caps lock and "S" key may be broken, you could at least have said what you didn't like. I'm not bashing you for not liking the short, but maybe next time try and suggest some improvements, then your opinion would matter.