Reviews for "Knife Party!"

Ok...

Good game, bit of a button bash. Really nice art and good settings... Only thing was I turned off the music in the menu but when the fight started it was back on. Not that I didn't like the music just it's 1:00am and my gf will kill me if she catches me on PC at the time playing games :P

Bad gameplay

This game had nice graphics and an ok soundtrack, but the gameplay was really bad.

Just about every enemy fought with the same crappy strategy: run at you, swing wildly, and then jump randomly. Since there weren't any sort of combos, every battle was nearly the same, except some enemies took longer to fight.

Simply by standing still, mashing a, firing my special whenever I could, and turning around every once in a while, I was able to cut through every enemy and unlock all the characters. It took ten minutes, tops.

I didn't test out two player mode, so that may have been fun. However, if that mode is just as button mashy and repetitive as single player, I don't think it could be too good.

I'd say if you added things like combos, knockback, significantly different characters etc, the game would have been much funner. You made Hobo brawl after all, you really do know what you're doing.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah I understand. The thing is Hobo Brawl took a few months of intense work, and I just don't have the time right now. I'm working on other more complicated stuff, dont worry.

REALLY HARD

the gameplay is lame, and the opponents are WAY too good for you to win. i got my ass beat 5 times before closing the window. nice try, but dim the difficulty!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah it seems almost everybody is finding it way too hard. Sorry about that...

lets be FAIR here...

As far as the character stats go, Speed seems useless, since it does not seem to affect attack speed all that much, i mean guys with HALF Speed of others still attacked if not with the same speed, slightly less speed, too much slight to actually notice, and if speed only affects moving around, then it could not be more useless, since running around does not help in this kind of game.

as far as gameplay, it is boring after a while, since if you look beyond the individual projectiles and outfits, all characters are the same.
i would expect different use of the knife, or projectiles to have some other purpose than just damage, With Anarchy blast doing some major knock back, and beer bottle scattering harmful shards of glass maybe, give projectiles another purpose than just another way to do damage, since you are gonna spent most of the time in close range, and i found my self using a projectile for no other reason to land an extra hit, when something that uses an energy bar needs more use to it, even if the bar cools down fast.

a fighting game needs more moves... individual, unique moves.

look at new grounds rumble, for a VERY good example of that, you cannot play pico the same as hank, or Asshole the same as Nene, while here you can play each character the same regardless of projectile, looks or stats.

i read somewhere below that this was a test, seeing how to program stats in a VS game, and judging that all i can say is:

Bind speed with how fast a character can attack, not just moving around. so you make the lack of speed really show.

4.2 rounded down as 4
below average, but not horrible.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks for the in-depth review!
I have to disagree that speed doesn't help you in this game. I think it's great to get some distance from your enemy and throw him with some magic...

Meh...

It was okay. I guess you have to tap A to attack as fast as your opponent. There should be a blocking option, but I doubt it would be very good anyway.