Reviews for "Space Mutants From Space"

Its okay

The game freezes up for me on Newgrounds, so I played it at the other site.

The game is rather enjoyable, but that could be contributed to the addictiveness of Space Invaders and not necessarily your design. I feel that if you added more originality to it in the form of the upgrades and level design then you could have something even better.

Well done

So, as it's already been said, it doesn't seem to work for me on Newgrounds so I had to play on your site. Beside that I think it's well made. It's very swift and beautiful, the upgrades are ok and I think it's well balanced. It sure isn't the revelation of the year and this kind of game has been done so many times but it's a good tribute to the style. Keep up the good work!

Unoriginal

Looks like an imitation of Puppygames' Titan Attacks; various gameplay elements, choice of colours, power-ups and so on. Well, ok SMFS is much less fun and feels clumsy, so it's not a total rip-off. At least try to be original :D

Great, solid and smooth

Like the summary said - it has a very solid feel to it, and it's silky smooth to play. It also a great visual aesthetic with some great action feedback.

In the end, it's still a Space Invaders game, but at least it looks and feels different with a (seemingly) balanced progression of upgrades.

Great work!

Bug found.

Other than not being able to play in ng that is.

If you upgrade speed to the max occasionally it moves to the left/right corner and it becomes stuck there. You have to jiggle your controls to get it out.
It is a really annoying bug that makes you want to put the game down.

Ok game overall.