Reviews for "The NG Rules 4"

Wait what

Can't you just read the rules on the newgrounds help/faq page, and plus the text goes by to fast and is really small for anyone to be able to read it.

Nomader responds:

Yeah, you can. This was honestly just a junk effort and it made it through. Eh, I won't count my stars so lucky next time.

Cheers, and thanks for watching!

Appalling

You worked longer on this than on the last two? How long can it take to copy and paste text and then tween it? You've done no work in this, you've provided the audience with nothing.

The only thing someone can get from this is the rules to newgrounds which are already set out on a page on this site which is more readily available and much more aesthetically pleasing.

Additionally the text moves far too fast for anyone who, for god knows why, is actually trying to read it.

If you want to practice flash, practice it and keep it to yourself. If you want to make something for people to view make something they would actually enjoy/benefit from watching.

Nomader responds:

Fion, thanks for your review, and I can understand your anger at this flash. However, let me respond to your comments.

Frankly, I did work on this one harder than the other two... I took longer in choosing the colors of the text. That's the God's honest truth.

I don't expect anyone to be reading this -- if you are, you're missing the point. The point is, that, well, this is junk. I don't consider it anything else. I understand where you're coming from, but next time, please don't act like my intentions in this flash were dishonest and for the sole purpose of ruining your day. Some of us just aren't good with flash.

Umm

I just don't understand the point of these.

What's wrong with the first 3?
I would be better off clicking a link and reading it at my own pace.

Nomader responds:

Yeah, I understand you would. But don't you think the link button is a little small? Even if people don't see any of the words, they can get the general gist that there are rules in Newgrounds.

Cheers, and thanks for the review.

... Ok?

With all due respect, I don't understand the point of this series. You state that you worked longer on this one, but to be brutally honest I just can't see it. The color scheme is alright, but the music is extremely irritating, and there simply isn't any content here. If I wanted to listen to music while reading the FAQ, I'd pick something that didn't give me an acute migraine.

You state in the comments that you aren't good with flash. That's fine, I'm not either. However you then should not be making flash videos. Do something that you are talented at instead.

If you honestly put a great deal of effort into this series, I'm sorry, but it's simply unneccesary, and in some ways even worse than just reading the FAQ.

Nomader responds:

Hahaha, don't worry. You're not insulting me at all with this review. I really did put almost no effort into it... with a tiny bit of effort, I could probably work up some motion tweens that look really good, but right now, this is all I have.

Don't worry -- for at least a few weeks (I think) this will be my last flash in this series. I might try to learn the other basics of flash. Y'know, actionscript and the like.

I'm sorry you didn't find the music enjoyable. I know how irritable my flashes are, so usually I try to choose classical pieces to go with them -- I tried a trance song this time, so next time I'll be sure to choose a more soothing piece.

Frankly, there is no point to this series. It's just a way for me to have a good time and submit things to the portal. And the fact that this series has even got past judgement shows something about this site y'know? What, I'm not sure yet, but I'll think about it.

Thanks a bunch for the review, and I appreciate the respectful criticism. It's probably the best review I've seen in all my flashes -- keep up the good work.

(Oh, and for the record -- the first flash was above and beyond the next three that I've submitted. Only thing is, it got glitched when I submitted it to Newgrounds and I haven't worked out how to fix it yet.)

credits

well.. for me that's such as credits... it's very annoying after looking that i just want to watch the faq for me it's easiest...

Nomader responds:

Feel free to read them at the FAQ page.